5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite cookbooks
Published on 5 Oct. 2012 by Dolphin

3.0 out of 5 stars great cookbook, bad condition!
The content of this book is wonderful, especially for meat-eaters who are cooking for vegetarians and haven't a clue about what to do.
Unfortnately, the copy I received had a large imprint on the cover, as though it got stuck under a grate for awhile. It was too late to return as it arrived on the day I'd intended to give this away as a gift. Amazon - why would you...
Published on 20 Jan. 2010 by Ms. Patricia Deppe-greenall

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite cookbooks, 5 Oct. 2012
Dolphin (Stuck inside a cloud) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The New Moosewood Cookbook (Mollie Katzen's Classic Cooking) (Paperback)
Always the first to be consulted out of my collection of twenty or so cookbooks. As we gradually moved away from meat, Mollie's recipes gave structure and inspiration to my culinary experiments and every recipe I tried has been a great success. It's difficult to explain the appeal of this book but it is a combination of accessible ingredients, clear instructions, lots of versatility and a total lack of pretension. Many of these dishes would impress any guest but the essence of the book is to provide tasty, healthy nutritional solutions for everyday use without any preachy meat-bashing rhetoric.

The hand-written notes and line drawings result in a homey, easy-going reference book which is easy to prop open on the counter and has fully earned, in my kitchen, its many stains and dog-eared pages. I particularly love the low-fat, low-sugar approach to desserts and creative ways to make fruit interesting and delicious. As an experienced and sometimes overly-ambitious cook, I appreciate the emphasis on describing simple methods and techniques which can be applied to whatever you happen to have on hand, rather than stuffing the book with hundreds of near-identical recipes where the only difference is the main ingredient. This cookbook has also aged very well and is just as useful now as when it heralded a mini-revolution in vegetarian cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly, 17 July 2012
I have had this book for about 20 years and I still use it regularly. Pages for the Montana brownies and the Pound cake are so stained now as I have used them so many times and always with excellent results. No one in my house is a vegetarian but there are plenty of recipes for everybody in here, even the meat loving man of the house! For me the desserts are the best part of the book and they form a significant part of my all time favourite recipe lists. I defy anyone to be disappointed with this.
In case you are not aware, the book is hand written with beautiful illustrations too which makes it even more special.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GO-2 Book for Veggies!, 11 July 2011
This book is where I go to if stuck in a rut of veggie burgers and quorn mince. It teaches you how to cook healthy protein-filled meals without the need for meet, all of them very delicious and always work with a hint of hippy but an explosion of flavour! Definitely an all-time keeper in my household!

5.0 out of 5 stars Veggie Greatness!, 20 July 2009
K. Bouchane - See all my reviews
I'm a veggie but my partner isn't ... but he loves everything I have cooked from this book. It also has a lot of great sauces and dressings. All recipes are clear and fun. Definitely a great everyday and special occassion cookbook!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 6 Feb. 2002
By A Customer
Im not a vegetarian but wanted to learn how to incorporate more veg and less meat into my meals. This cookbook is great, every recipe is fantastic, well written and no bizzare hard to find equipment or ingredients. Everyone in my house loves the meals. The instructions are very simple to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars great vegetarian cook book, 18 Mar. 2013
this is very thoroughly explained and quite original cook book.In excellent condition,delivered faster,than we had been told.
But i was hunting for MOOSEWOOD COOKBOOK the original,very first one,couldn't get one at reasonable price,so i have
ordered new revised edition.It has more recipes than the first one,but the recipes has been altered and made healthy,but for
me it lost that unpractical but very tasty approach.Once i have it in my hands i have exchanged it with my friend who had the
original one.So every one is happy now

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of nice, savory ideas, 12 Jun. 2009
Romano Giannetti (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
Great book, and not just for vegetarians. It's full of nice ideas and of well commented recipes and tricks. Easy to read, easy to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cook book for the experianced, 20 Nov. 2012
I have been cooking for a number of years now and have acquired a number of cook books. This one has become a great go-to book for classic recipes and lazy Sundays. It is written in an easy, laid back manner with detail that are left out of other cook books. I especially like their hummus and soup recipes.

I would warn novice cooks from delving into this book. It can be overwhelming if you are unfamiliar with braising, roasting, and broiling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cookbook, 12 July 2014
Delighted with this Cookbook. I am new to Moosewood and I am not a vegetarian, but was won over by one of these recipies (friend at work having the Tabouli for lunch). I hope to be preparing many of them in the future. The visual (handwritten) effect of this book is delightful, reminds me of old times when lots of ideas about food were jotted down by my parents and grandparents. and it is inviting me to get busy in the kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cookbook with a great variety of delicious recipes, 9 Aug. 2014
Fantastic cookbook with a great variety of delicious recipes. Sometimes the font and layout were slightly hard to follow in the kitchen, but that's minor. I highly recommend this cookbook!

The New Moosewood Cookbook (Mollie Katzen's Classic Cooking)
The New Moosewood Cookbook (Mollie Katzen's Classic Cooking) by Mollie Katzen (Paperback - 1 Mar. 1985)