5.0 out of 5 stars Plushtastic
Published on 13 Sept. 2007 by A. C. Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Poor Poor!
this book was full of bad designs and pointless profiles on who designed the plushy i would say one to avoid
Published on 22 Dec. 2011 by milter

5.0 out of 5 stars Plushtastic, 13 Sept. 2007
A. C. Williams (Caerdydd, Cymru) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plush-o-Rama: Curious Creatures for Immature Adults (Paperback)
I can't express how awesome this book is. The best things about it is the fact that there's no sewing tutorial, or how to sew buttons on... it goes straight into the monster-making action! You can just follow the instructions and make the monsters as they are, or you can use the patterns as inspiration and go as mental as you like. I've followed one of the patterns, and picked up some techniques which I've used to make some other bonkers creatures.
If you're at all interested in the idea of making unique toys for kids, friends or even yourself (I'm a self confessed kidult), then get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a little book full of fun, 10 Sept. 2007
Mrs. F. S. Haynes (NORTHAMPTONSHIRE) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
this is a lovely colourful book full of amazing ideas for mad creatures. there are loads of fantastic colour photos for 30 different designs. with ideas for different fabrics and trimmings. I bought this book to give me ideas for making puppets and I haven't been disappointed, there's plenty to inspire and great really funny characters that kids will love. There are templates at the back of the book, and plenty of easy to folllow instructions. The characters range from 3 eyed polly, a nibbled gingerbread man, gremlins a really wacky greggles and mr skelly. If you enjoy creating unusual fun puppets this is the book for you. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Craft Book I've Bought To Date, 16 Feb. 2008
Lyndsay Swinton (Oban, Argyll United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is the best "craft" book I've bought to date. It's inspirational, and encourages you to have a go. In less than two weeks, I've made 3 monsters and have one on the way. Some monsters have templates, some don't which initially I was aggreived by, as you have to make your own template. But then I realised that's the whole point, that you're not slavishly copying someone else's idea, and you're forced into being creative and confident in your own ideas. Brilliant fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars monstertastically fab!!, 18 Oct. 2008
Plush-o-Rama: Curious Creatures for Immature Adults

Fab book!, lots of fun with endless possibilities for imagination & creativity. It has clear bright colouful pictures of the monsters along with tuition on how to make them & templates to enlarge at the back of the book. However once you see the book you are just going to want to grab a paper & pencil & sketch up your own fantasy creatures to make.I purchased this book based on the amazon reviews & was not dissapointed. I think however that it is more than a book for adults as this would also appeal very much to children & with adult help once the basics of a monster is made up they'd be sure to love picking buttons & bits & bobs to embellish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I did it - you can do it too!, 17 Jun. 2008
Finally I found the book which expressed the quirky somethings I've always imagined making. The book is fun, the monsters awesome (and truly inspires you to make your own little twists) and the instructions are easy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 26 Oct. 2011
I am a huge fan of making my own toys and softies so I snapped this book up when I saw it.

Pros
Bright and colourful
Easy to read
Lots of pictures of finished monsters
Encourages you to create your own
Biographies of the creators- I like knowing a personal story behind monsters
Good range of basic monsters leading up to more trickier ones

Cons
Not everything has a template- encourages you to create your own
I wouldn't recommend for a total beginner
Not a lot of work in progress pictures
Doesn't give exact quantities of fabric to be used- this is because the templates can be enlarged to any size.

Buy this book! You won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plush-o-brilliant!, 10 July 2009
Ms. K. Holcombe (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as inspirarion really... I am a textiles teacher in a secondary school and wanted some images of exciting monster teddies to inspire my classes who will be designing and making their own monster soft toys. This book did not disappoint... there is a wide range of exciting characters to inspire and excite. I even made a couple of my own!
The photos are great, there instructions and designer bios are interesting and clear and I'd definitely reccommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple effective ideas, 21 Nov. 2010
love this book
the photograghs and patterns are simple and easy to follow
got my youngsters to draw their own simple monsters using basic ideas from this book they loved the results
excellent for getting the brain cells in gear and using your own fabrics and bits and pieces rather than just following the patterns

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Ideas, 2 May 2009
This book has lots of projects in it, with lots of detail and photo's. It has inspired me to make some more unusual softies, and I would recommend it if you like your softies a little different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly toy addict, 8 Jun. 2009
Love it! Would buy it again. Havn't made anything yet but it makes a great toilet read - several people have commented - and its great for inspiring new ideas. Great book, want more like it.

Plush-o-Rama: Curious Creatures for Immature Adults
Plush-o-Rama: Curious Creatures for Immature Adults by Linda Kopp (Paperback - 15 Jun. 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01