5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book!
buy this book its so cool...i made a sock creature and all my friends loved it..its simple and easy to make and all you need is old socks or even new ones! the intructions are easy and it takes you step by step through the processes!

all the creatures are great and the best bit is one sock creature wont look the same as another!!

its also great for...
Published on 13 Jan. 2008 by Ms. R. Aldis

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure
Cant agree with other reviewers as got this for my stepdaugher and its a bit americanised and not nearly as good as others she has like stray sock sewing.OK but wouldnt be first choice.
Published on 12 Dec. 2011 by Jim55

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book!, 13 Jan. 2008
Ms. R. Aldis (wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stupid Sock Creatures: Making Quirky, Lovable Figures from Cast-off Socks (Paperback)

its also great for giving you a starting point for making your own versions of sock creatures, they go from easy to difficult, and has a gallery of all the ones he's made in the back of the book...perfect inspiration!!

5.0 out of 5 stars sock crazy, 17 Jun. 2007
An inspirational book for making crazy sock creatures. The first part provides basic techniques on stuffing, cutting and shaping, stitches and making various bits such as buck teeth etc. The middle part has detailed instructions for various creatures and the last part includes a comic featuring the sock creatures and a gallery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved my Socks Life!, 4 Jun. 2006
Buy this book! Socks will never be the same again!!
Do you like individual soft toys? Ever wanted to make your own but dont know where to start?
Then this book is for you! The Book describes how to make the creatures really well and even an idiot (me) could follow it!!
It would also be really good for kids (not too young though as needles are involved)
I highly recommend this book. I cant praise this book enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 23 Feb. 2008
E. Lumley "Emily Lumley" (South East England) - See all my reviews
This is a brilliantly designed book; the pages are vibrant and attention-grabbing. The projects are narrated with witty and entertaining remarks. The instructions are surprisingly easy to follow and good results can be obtained quickly and without practice!

5.0 out of 5 stars definitely not a stupid book, 12 May 2009
"Stupid Sock Creatures" gives detailed but manageable instructions for making soft,cuddly toys or mascots from odd,discarded or brand new socks.
There are other books about making sock creatures on the market but I think this one is the best.Follow the author's clear instructions and you shouldn't go wrong.The gallery of other makers' creatures is also interesting to view and gives encouragement to the faint hearted among us.Overall a worthwhile purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 1 Mar. 2009
I made three of the sock creatures for my neices for Xmas, mostly as a joke.I also bought them a very expensive gift. Guess what!! They absolutely loved the creatures and the gift was thrown aside. My neices are twins and are 25!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is brilliant!, 28 Dec. 2009
J. Perks "mommyPerks" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I asked for this book for my birthday as I thought it would be fun to make something out of my old socks! This book has inspired me to do so much more! It is a great read, easy to follow and definitely sparks the imagination. I love this book and I am a 30 year old big kid who likes making things. This book has also sparked the imagination of my mom (54) and my teen sister (18) and my baby sister(10) who is a very keen creator/crafter like her big(est) sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sock it to me, 1 May 2009
This is the best book that I have seen in ages. I am an avid 'maker of things' and this has really sparked my imagination. For anyone who wants to try something really different - GET THIS BOOK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stupid sock creatures, 1 Dec. 2009
LW (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
My 12 year old has been very pleased with this book, interesting illustrations and comments from the author. Quite unusual and quirky - great ideas for using up old socks! Book is good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Socktactular!!!, 19 Jun. 2012
This is the best book I ever bought! I have tried my hand at lots of crafts and by far making sock creatures is my favouriate. I made one for my hubbby to sit on his desk at work and then I started getting requests from friends for one. So far I have made 7 sock monsters and the last three have been my own creations, by using techniques from the book.

I unfortunately dont have a sewing machine so they are all done by hand, but this seems to add to their charm and can often lead to mistakes which work in the favour of the creature (like a squinty tale). Looking forward to buying Johns other two books (Closet monsters and the invasion one) for more ideas and techniques.

Great that this gives you the basics and is well annotated and explained. Brilliant book for anyone who loves making unsual things or for unusual people.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›