5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure!
Published on 2 July 2010 by Marko

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners
I was looking for a book that would get me started with small woodwork projects. I expected suggestions of tools that would be useful to have and no knowledge assumed. This book will probably be useful after I have learnt the basic terms and techniques, otherwise it's too advanced for me.
Published on 28 Aug 2012 by patricia wendy curmi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure!, 2 July 2010
This review is from: The Big Book of Weekend Woodworking (Big Book of ... Series) (Paperback)
This book contains different projects for different skill levels. With some plans the author has used original items seen or bought at antique flee markets and converted these into plans. This gives you many vintage and unique ideas for projects. The drawings are abslolutely easy to understand. This book gives me great joy and I am planing to realize many of the featured projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Projects - Woodworking Basic Knowledge Required, 26 Jun 2012
I love this book for the projects, which is exactly what it said it would be. However, as the book was suggested for ALL levels from beginners to more advanced, I had anticipated suggestions for tools along the way. My mistake since the summary of the book never promised that this information was included, and I had made that assumption.

Regardless of my own errors, I think that the book is superb and will certainly enjoy using it. I purchased it specifically for some of the items on the cover, and then some more that I hadn't expected. I will, however, be looking for another book though to help me with tool selection, and lessons regarding the joints and cutting skills I will need to make them.

I can see myself returning to this book over and over again for existing projects and the way it describes building on your designs to modify and make something more unique of your own. I'd definitely buy it as a gift for others and be sure of it being gratefully received too.

4.0 out of 5 stars He says this is a very useful book, 28 Dec 2010
I bought this book as a present for someone to attends a woodworking club and was looking for projects. He says this book is very good as it gives lots of small projects. He has other books from the USA but they all seem to assume large, fully equipped workshops. He says he will be very popular at his club when it starts up after the holidays when he takes this book in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy Making, 23 Feb 2010
Mr. K. Simms (Northants, England) - See all my reviews
This is a very informative book and a must for anyone interested in wood working projects. There are all levels of skills catered for, from the novice to the more experienced. Well worth having in any workshop.

4.0 out of 5 stars no metric measurements, 21 Jan 2013
I've bought this book for my 10 wear old son and I think the book is well suited to him, the only negative point about this book is that all the dimensions are in inches not cm.

5.0 out of 5 stars the big book of weekend woodworking, 25 Aug 2012
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in woodwork,it has great projects that you can do in a weekend,easy to follow instuctions,and offers great value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wood Recommend!, 15 Mar 2011
M. Hotson (Hants. UK.) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my brother who belongs to a wood working club. It was a great hit, and he and his mates love looking through the book for inspiration. He's made several of the basic things already, and I can guess what we'll be getting for Christmas this year. A lot of the projects require careful cutting out of templates, etc. so I guess these need something more specialised than a standard jigsaw. I think he'll find something to challenge him and help improve his skills each new project he undertakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, 18 Sep 2014
Ahem, yet another Woodworking book.....but my husband LOVES THIS ONE SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

It is FULL of wonderful projects to make, especially toys and clocks and wonderous things that he wants to make and sell. I'm impressed, actually. It IS a gorgeous book and my man is certainly capable of making such things, so......

This book has given him the inspiration to make and sell.... perhaps it can do the same for you??

He definitely recommends this book to all those who love woodwork but who also need motivation. I agree.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, 28 Aug 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Weekend woodworking, 22 Jun 2014
This was bought as a gift for someone would loves working with wood. He loved it, but when I looked at it I thought it had to many toy projects in it. Lovely clear pictures and some good ideas to develop.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Big Book of Weekend Woodworking (Big Book of ... Series)
The Big Book of Weekend Woodworking (Big Book of ... Series) by Joyce Nelson (Paperback - 4 Aug 2005)