on 26 January 2004
Want to make a bowl and stuck for an idea? Ideas abound in this book both for the creative and the perhaps not so creative person. Bowls of many shapes, designs and colours - don't just think clay and ceramic this book would inspirational for making papermache bowls. If you like art and design but actually making something is not for you then sit down with this book and be truely amazed at the imagination and creativity of others. The photographs of each bowl are clear and the paper is good quality and there is a brief outline of the technique used. There is no history or background to each bowl (I would have liked to know a little about the inspiration for each piece) but for the price and what you get in content in this well presented book you'd be crazy not to add this title to your bookshelf.
on 24 December 2013
Bought as a present for my 'Potter' daughter. Good quality production and a wide variety of bowl shapes and surface finishes which may inspire! But not enough information about techniques used and glaze recipes. Overall it's OK
Having been so pleased with 500 Pitchers I looked at the other Lark books and opted for this one as other reviews were good. It has not disappointed - great source of ideas.
on 22 April 2014
This book is lovely for visual ideas but does not give enough information about firing methods, temperature or glazes used.
on 17 October 2014
If I'm going to be honest, this is possibly one of the worst non-fiction books I have ever read, well, besides from that one about the vampires. The story contained no substance, and the character development was nonexistent since there weren't even any characters! The book is just bloody bowls, that's it! I guess the green one with the black circles looked nice, but I was really expecting more from this book.

I do not recommend this book at all.