Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 March 2014
It has great detail but lacks the visuals to go with the recipes. I am a visual person so this book didnt meet my expected visuals.
on 11 March 2011
Not by far a bad book - the description are detailed and descriptive with lots of hints. But...why do publishers and editors think not across the borders. We in Europe are buying books, too, you know. I am getting exasperated by the cup and spoon measures. Why not ounces and metric included. Hate it or love it, metric is precise and leaves no margin of error. baking needs to be precise. This book it now a turn-off. I do not want to get baking messing around with spoons and cup measures and converting it to a workable recipe. It is a pity. This book could have been a great one, now it is a frustratingly mediocre one. Publishers around the world - Europe is big and cooking/banking in a big way. Be user friendly.
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 March 2011
I have tried 3 recipes from this cook book so far and I think that the main problem with it is the fact that its in American. The recipes change from a bar of butter in one to a tablespoon of butter in another and it drives me crazy that there are no real measurements but cups of this and 1/2 a cup of that. This book is heading for the charity shop to perhaps somebody else who can make better use of it then I.