5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money - 2 books, 2 styles of cuisine, 1 attention to detail., 14 July 2008
G. Walton - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Keller: WITH French Laundry Cookbook AND Bouchon (Hardcover)
Quick clear up. This set comprises of both standard individual books, The French Laundry and Bouchon with a nice printed hardboard sleeve (pictured). The addition of the hardboard sleeve to slot both books in along with the price is the only difference in buying both books separately.

Onto the review.
I knew I wanted The French Laundry to challenge myself and take my cooking to another level, but wasn't really drawn to Bouchon particularly (I have a lot of "normal" cookbooks). However when I purchased this from Amazon it was an extra £8 on top of The French Laundry to get Bouchon thrown in (Bouchon RRP £40), so I thought why not and ended up surprised how much I like the Bouchon book.

They are books to bring out at different times. TFL is all about haute cuisine but Bouchon is much more homely cooking (although very refined may I add). I think of Heston's in search of perfection with Bouchon. Down to earth dishes but Keller is not making compromises. The French Onion soup in the book is meant to be the best it can be and that requires time, care and attention. They are by no means quick convenience food recipes, you still need to do some work.

TFL is not for the faint of heart. Read the reviews on the individual TFL page as it is all covered there.

Both books feature a lot of recipes. Only one thing disappointed me slightly and that was some recipes have no picture so you cannot be sure that you have the presentation exactly how Keller does it. I've not marked down for this though as they are big books and more pictures would only make them bigger, maybe a smallish thumbnail shot would be a solution for future books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook from one of the best chef in the world, 5 Sept. 2010
Victor Li "Victor" (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
I was pleased when the books arrived. I was totally absorbed with reading the 2 books when I got them home. Before I know it, I spent over an hour reading it. They are filled with interesting and beautiful recipes from one of the best chef in the world. There are lots of very nice pictures and very easy to read with good cooking tips from Keller.

A word of advise is that this book is not for someone who wants to knock up dinner on your normal weekday in half an hour. They are fairly complicated recipes especially some of the ones in the French Laundry. But dont let this put you off in getting the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Steal!, 21 Jan. 2011
What more can I say other than buy this now?!
For just over £35, you get one of the most beautiful/influential chef-restaurant books ever published and what is basically a modern authority on classic French bistro cooking.
When I'm stuck for presentation or food pairing ideas or just want to generally drool over some stunningly prepared/presented/photographed food, I turn to The French Laundry Book. When I want to actually cook something at home and am stuck for ideas, I have a leaf through the Bouchon book.
I'll say it again, a steal, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wasn’t expecting anything less from Thomas Keller., 4 Feb. 2014
It’s an absolute tow in one brilliant book.
Inspiring, informative, educational.
I recommend this book really, to people with a professional interest.
Thank you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful service. The book itself is amazing quality and ..., 17 May 2015
Arrived within 24 hours, even though I just paid for standard delivery. Wonderful service. The book itself is amazing quality and a brilliant read. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, 17 May 2009
Ms. L. C. Kirkland (London, UK) - See all my reviews
All of Kellers books are a must have for your collection. Two of the best i have ever owned and a much thumbed book at our restaurant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful books., 20 May 2015
Bought as a gift for husband. He loves it. Beautiful books.

The Complete Keller: WITH French Laundry Cookbook AND Bouchon
The Complete Keller: WITH French Laundry Cookbook AND Bouchon by Thomas Keller (Hardcover - 21 Nov. 2014)