5.0 out of 5 stars Very reassuring, 21 Aug 2011
Stephanie Pearce (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Runner's World Guide to Running and Pregnancy: How to Stay Fit, Keep Safe, and Have a Healthy Baby (Paperback)
Bought this when thinking about a second pregnancy as I was very inactive during my first, and wanted some advice/hints about being more active when pregnant. It was perfect. I am not a full on runner, but it was just reassuring to read that women could still do exercise and there are many helpful tips and pieces of information about how to be active safely (not just running and not just for experienced runners).

I found that if you spoke to nearly anyone (dr, midwife, physio etc) they are very reluctant to recommend anything much at all apart from going for a walk - which I guess is fair enough as they would get the blame if something happened from other recommendations (even if it was completely random to have something bad happen).

This book has exercises, stretches and lots of info about walking/jogging/running and other exercises. I found it very helpful and reassuring. Obviously there are no guarantees, but it really isn't healthy to sit around doing nothing for the best part of a year when your body is under so much stress anyway - we need healthy forms of exercise to keep our bodies strong and flexible and fit enough for birth and new mummy duties.

Might not be for everyone, but I found it very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 17 Nov 2013
This has been a generally informative read. It included lots of exercises and good, up to date advice. The only thing I found a bit annoying is that it has American measures so I had to sit with a converter when reading this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 16 Jun 2013
Great book if your considering running while pregnant. It shows that you can run while pregnant and in the later stages gives feedback that running on a treadmill may be good. However made me feel a little inadequate when some people in the book didn't change the distance they were running ( I did) also scared me a bit when said people could get aggressive when you run and are pregnant ( this never happened to me.) I did find it useful and quite inspiring.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice book to read whilst pregnant, 27 Sep 2012
Mrs. G. Duggan "SUN CAT" (IRELAND) - See all my reviews
I ran up to 31 weeks, and although I didn't learn a whole lot that I didn't already know, it was nice to read about other running pregnant ladies. Fair play to those who run into late pregnancy!