Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 13 March 2014
This package is outstanding value for money. It contains a metal stereoscope (Russian?) which alone is almost worth the package price.The 3D pictures are of poor photographic quality. i.e. faded, lack contrast and are very grainy.Some are much better than others. I had difficulty in getting about six print pairs to merge into 3D.
The vacuum moulded tray that houses the stereoscope and the picture pairs is very flimsy and being a snug fit, gets badly cracked at the corners. Not really fit for purpose.
My main criticism is the undue attention given to the USA contribution to the war. Considering the US did not enter the war until a late stage I think this is a slight on the British Tommy.There are too many stereo pictures of US soldiers for my liking and the book also shows a disproportionate amount of American involvement.
Another gripe is the "American English". I personally abhor calling railway stations "train stations" and there are other irritants as well.

The book is beautifully produced and excellent value for money.
Package arrived very soon after placing the order
on 18 December 2013
This is a very well-packaged general history of WW1 based on a French Book "La Guerre de 1914-18 en relief. The English "version" contains only small parts of the larger French original and much that is new and very welcome it is. The book contains rare autochromes and much new info on the US and British side of the war. Obviously the 3D photos are the big attraction, though, and I am pleased to say there are no repeats from the French edition. Shots include the Russian front, aviation and naval views as well as the Western Front. The scissor stereoscope is very user-friendly and will handle original WW2 German raumbild 3D cards, too!
Considering the silly prices often now asked for original WW1 stereographs this edition is marvellous value for money and highly recommended. Could the authors and publishers consider publishing further packs of 3D images?
on 1 November 2013
What a fantastic (big!) box containing an interesting book, a very nice and clever adjustable viewer and 35 prints of WW1 stereoscopic photographs. It was far better then I expected when ordering. A real bargain at such a low price. An excellent gift for Christmas to people interested in 3D and/or WW1 history. I bought a whole load of them! It would have been nice to have more prints inside but it is as it is. There is no escape from 5 points for this product. Maybe next a WW2 box? There is enough material around for that too.
on 23 April 2014
If I could buy the book on its own I would, the book is excellent. The images are shockingly bad, having seen the real thing in genuine stereoviews, I am stunned at the poor quality of the images enclosed in this box. I had intended to use the images as an educational device but the quality is not good enough. I am keeping the item purely for the book, for which I give 3 stars, the so called 3D images get no stars.
on 9 January 2014
I bought this with some reservation as I wasn't quite sure what I would receive. I was looking for an inexpensive stereoscopic viewer and wasn't expecting such a good product. The viewer works fine and is fascinating. The book that accompanies it is far better that I thought it would be as it is packed with history and further photographs. It would be an excellent gift for someone interested in the First World war and also for someone who hasn't experience using a viewer. I would highly recommend it.
on 2 November 2014
This is a fantastic box set, don't be put off by bad reviews. I've seen and own original slides from the First World War and these reproductions are brilliant. You do have to adjust the glasses for one or two or the slides and it takes time for your eyes to adjust but once in view you'll be really impressed. The book is also great, contained in an attractive box which would make a wonderful gift either for yourself or someone else. Good value - buy it.
on 1 March 2014
I ordered this yesterday evening for a friend who is a nut on world war one, it is now 09:55hrs and the item has already arrived! Although I have not opened it (being a gift) I can at least comment on the presentation. The box itself is really sturdy like a hard backed book cover, not a flimsy card package. The whole thing has been sealed in cellophane ans it's actually a lot heavier than expected. The thing shouts quality and I am really pleased at how quickly the seller went to the trouble of getting this lovely product to me on a Saturday morning, I wish all sellers were this prompt and professional. Many, many Thanks!!!
on 9 February 2014
£d pictures through a stereoscope viewer pictures I had not seen before a book to accompany first rate would highly recommend to anybody interested in the first world war.
on 13 February 2015
Amazing pictures. I'm not really into war things and I bought this just for the stereoscopic viewer as I am making my own pictures but the pictures that come with it are excellent and lots of depth with the magnified viewer it feels like you are there! The book is very interesting with lots of info and more pictures.
on 10 November 2014
Purchased as a present along with the Haynes Great war Manual to try an offer a young teen a different perspective on the war. Well made and very well packaged and at the price paid I think it offers very good value.