4.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable
I am happy with this book it has given me experience in the subject. Quality book to read if your into practical. don't just take my word for this item give it a try.
Published 8 months ago by mohammed abid

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a practical handbook
this is a reprint of a book from 1865! I wasn't expecting a modern step by step guide but there is no real useable information on shoemaking techniques except possibly the last measuring. The original title of the book is now highly misleading.

Published on 31 Mar 2011 by Stephen Baxendale

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a practical handbook, 31 Mar 2011
Stephen Baxendale (Co Durham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Boot and Shoemaking: A Practical Handbook Including Measurement, Last-Fitting, Cutting-Out, Closing, and Making (Paperback)

I found its old fashioned discussive style waffley and short on detail, technical terms are used but not explained, mildly interesting & charming as a historical artefact.

Have made my own primitive sandals and was looking for some technique ideas that could be used to to make simple shoes, nothing here for me unfortunately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable, 21 Nov 2013