Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 September 2011
Like many people I suspect, I have a large number of books on this general subject including several from Abraham Hicks, Wayne Dyer, John Randolph Price - as well as some of the more esoteric ones such as The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles and, of course, the classic Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

Sooner or later one has to focus or risk becoming overwhelmed - there is a danger that any effort and attention becomes dissipated and one expends all the time reading the books instead of actually applying the techniques and philosophies that they contain.

When one reads widely on this subject the conclusion is reached that, essentially, the message is the same - all that differs is the packaging and language. For my part, I feel that this book, although old, strikes just the right balance of size and scale, optimism without delusion, and accessible practicality. I rather think that, when all is finally reckoned, this will be the book that I will regard as the "Eureka" read. Buy it!
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2013
What a fantastic book this is, the Author knows what he is talking about. I bought this second copie for me friend, as it was that good.

This book arrived in perfect condition and right on time. This book can really change your life for the better. I would give this book Ten stars if I could, because it is that good.

I would recommend this great book to anybody who wants to change their life for ever. This book is well written and tells you everything you need to know.

I was very pleased with my purchase. Thank you Amazon.co.uk, and thank you to the seller.
on 21 March 2010
I stumbled upon this author through a recommendation in another book. Goddard's in-depth understanding of the collective subconcious, unravels your own inherited abilities to use it to achieve whatever you desire.
Through analasis of bible quotations, he explain their (often misunderstood) meaning, in such a way that the reader can view his or her life from a position of power and infinite ability.
Clearly written, with a natural fluedity, whoever reads this book will benefit, and in the progress, if incorparated properly; achieve his or her desire by feeling the wish forfilled with such vividness, that reality then mirrors this desire in the experience.

Timeless truths present themselfs with the pages of this book, so buy, read and do as it says for achievement of your desires!
on 23 April 2013
This is one of the source books for Dr. Wayne Dyer's Wishes Fulfilled and although quite short contains a wealth of information and techniques on the art of manifesting. This book contains true wisdom and I can heartily recommend it to anyone on the path of exploring their Higher Self and developing greater control over their life experience. A must.
on 12 December 2010
Enjoyed this book very much. While the principles were (and remain) very inspiring, they did not work over night. In my case, at least, it has taken months before I actually 'got it'. And while I still have much to apply from what this book has to offer, it has improved my life immensely
on 4 March 2010
As the title suggests, this is a really nice book, well presented, on good quality paper, and though the writing might seem a little on the "old fashioned" side it is all the better for it. There are no 'aires and graces', no pretensions and a lot of what is now being looked on as a "new age" phenomena, a book well before it's time which I am sorry not to have found years ago! I would recommend this, and his other books, to anyone reading Neale Donald Walsch or Frank Kinslow.
on 21 February 2012
Buy this book. Read it many times apply it to your life and experience the wonder of manifestation.
I have.
on 28 February 2015
Possibly the very best law of attraction book I've ever read, I went completely highlighter crazy, and it has worked for me on many occasions in the most incredibly unbelievable ways! I hope it does for you too.
on 11 October 2014
This is a great read, as is every book written by Neville goddard. Anyone that comes to understand these teachings will make serious breakthroughs in their life, it's just that simple. Neville goddard clearly came to really understand the meaning of the bible scriptures, and translated this knowledge into his teachings perfectly. What a revelation it is to discover, for the first time in your life, that we create our reality, our circumstances from within ourselves, and things don't just happen to us randomly. Basically this law of nature means that every single human being has the ability to change his or her circumstances effortlessly from 'inside out', and create the life of their dreams. I cannot emphasize enough just how critical it is that everybody comes to understand this, it's just life transforming!! I feel many people are still under the illusion that the bible is just some historical story book, huge mistake, what it is, is a book of immense power, an instruction manual for life if you will. And I guarantee that anybody that comes to understand it as translated so clearly in this and other neville goddard books, will experience a transformation in every area of their life!!
on 18 November 2015
This book unfortunately didn't wow me. Of course there is something of use in any book but the way it is written got me all confused. I have the feeling that Mr. Goddard plays with words a bit too much. It is true that I am not British so English is not my first language but I would say that my command of the language is very good and I never have problems reading in English, which is actually my first language for reading. All the references to the Bible are also not really my thing but I knew that from other comments before I bought the book so I can't complain. All in all maybe not the book for me. I have been reading a lot of self-help books because I have been going through a very difficult period of my life and as I don't qualify for psychological help, nor can I pay for it I resort to books for the moral support that I so badly need. Although no one chooses to go through difficult period I have to say that this time of my life has also been a time of huge growth and enlightenment. I wish that I had gone through it during my marriage, then maybe I had been able to save it but no matter how much sadness I have in my soul that didn't happen.

This book is also full of repetitions and the constant repetition of the word Assumption is quite irritating, but then it maybe it was the way the Law of Attraction was called in times gone by. There are a few interesting point though, one is all the real cases at the end of the book which I found quite enlightening but also the exercise (which I have been forgetting to do) of thinking back to everything you did on a certain day by bed time, in reverse order. I did it two days in a row and then started to read a new book and completely forgot about it. This is done to develop the "muscle" of attention. Another topic of interest is the fact that if we can change our opinion about somebody, then maybe what we think about the person now is only relatively true. I had never seen things that way but I suppose that he is right. He also mentions one of the pillars of the Law of Attraction which is the fact that we should "withdraw our attention from all unlovely and destructive ideas, concentrating on the ideal you wish to attain". I think that all in all this book has its merits but maybe it should be re-written in nowadays' language.....