5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading
Published on 12 May 2013 by Josephine

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit dated but some interesting points
I came across Dion Fortune having been reading some books on Alchemy. The style of writing is quite dated and quite subjective, but there are some interesting points, especially some practical exercises for protecting ones aura and breaking psychic links.

Published 14 months ago by Rebecca

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading, 12 May 2013
Josephine (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Psychic Self-Defense: The Classic Instruction Manual for ProtectingYourself Against Paranormal Attack (Paperback)
Incredible infirmation on protecting yourself. I bought this for my partner who is a therapist as we were having some problems with a so called friend. This book gave us the power to protect and feel ourselves again. We were actually feeling very ill from the attack which made complete sense once we understood it. It's an old book and written from a Christian perspective but do not let that put you off you can just change those refs to your own belief (we changed to source) the information is incredibly precious and not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars autobiography rather than manual, 12 April 2012
One thing considered, this book is an excellent introduction into magic as I think magic should be: tightly coupled with thought-culture, emotional focus and ethics. The one thing to be considered is to do with the title. Even though it says "instruction manual" as part of the title and the topics of the chapters indicate a purely didactic emphasis, the format of the work is actually closer to autobiography. Don't get me wrong. There are excellent lessons about psychic events and cultivation of mental ethical focus there, it's just that they are not arranged as neatly as the topics of the chapters imply. Still, the author's emphasis on cases known from her own life provides a valuable intimate encounter with the phenomena for those who were a bit less familiar with them until now. And a few select chapters towards the end actually come very close to the format of an instruction manual for those who were looking for such based on the title. This book satisfied my own curiosity both about the author and about the subject fairly exhaustively and in a pleasant way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Sept. 2013
Great book; a Classic for those whonhave an interest in the subject. Delivered on time. I need 5 more words but. Don't have the time !

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit dated but some interesting points, 16 May 2014
Rebecca (Cambridge, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

I suspect that there are more contemporary worms on the subject which the modern reader might find more relevant but it is a classic book in its field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Nov. 2014