5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible work, 27 Jan 2009
This review is from: Enochian Vision Magick: An Introduction and Practical Guide to the Magick of Dr. John Dee and Edward Kelley (Paperback)
I am amazed that nobody has written a review of this book yet. It really is quite an extraordinary introduction to the practice and theory of Enochian Magic.
For readers familiar with Lon Milo Duquette they will not be suprised at how entertaiing and interesting he makes the subject. What they may be suprised at however is just how far he has gone into this, and how special to him this practice obviously is. For those who are new to his books, you are in for a huge treat!
There are already quite a few books on this subject, much of them quite removed from the essence of the original Dee and Kelly work however. Not only does Maestro Duquette make the subject a joy to understand, he reveals hitherto unknown aspects and takes us to the real essence of the work.
I was amazed at this book. I already have seven or eight boks written by him but this really is very special. He has opened up the secrets, seriously, and takes us past Golden Dawn into what more closely resembles the most esoteric of tantric teachings.
Before buying this book I had practiced Enochian Magick quite a bit and had some excellent results. This book though reveals teachings that lift the pants off all the other angles I had previously tried from other books. It is no understatement to say that this is one of the most interesting books I have ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational teaching, 10 Feb 2010
F. M. Muse "headspace traveller" (Leicester, Leics United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
One can only concur with the previous reviewer. Not only does this book goes further into the work of Dee & Kelly than others have previously ventured, what really sets this book apart for me is it's lucid, coherent and well-structured account of a complex and sometimes difficult subject. It is likely be some time before anything better appears. I have used other works, none of them badly written, and at least one quite scholarly in style. To anyone looking to enter the labyrinth of Enochian magick, this book cannot be too strongly recommended: this is not just Enochian for beginners, but truly inspirational teaching and a snip at the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of detail, 7 Jan 2014
M. GILL "Mind Crash" (UK) - See all my reviews
I've had trouble putting this one down, and it's not even glued to my hand. I opted for the Kindle version, though I may invest in the "real" version in future as the tables and diagrams would probably benefit from being a bit bigger.

The whole subject requires a leap of faith, in my opinion. If you are able to believe the Kelley was NOT a fraudster, and that it's mere COINCIDENCE that Mr Dee was a mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, occultist and cipher expert, what with the whole Enochian system reading like a guide to encryption, then you will love this and should add it to your collection.

I've not seen such detail in any other related work. Simply brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally astounding, 25 May 2010
Seeker "Seeker" (Thames Ditton, Surrey) - See all my reviews
How can anyone take this level of complexity, detail and obscurity and make it into a useful, interesting and highly readable book?
Mr Duquette is surely one of the most experienced, talented and lucid writers of this age.
Six stars from me, I'm looking to get all his other books too based on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible book on the work of Dr J Dee, 22 July 2014
This book sheds light on complex and ancient information in an entertaining and accessible way. Lon Milo Duquette is an entertaining writer who makes this dense subject come to life. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in the works of Dr J Dee and Edward Kelly. Just one small critical remark, probably more aimed at the publisher than the author: the front cover mentions that Clay Holden has written a foreword to this book, but I can't find it. Is it just me or my copy of the book or has it been missed out in the publication of this book?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book..., 31 Jan 2013
This book has to be the benchmark in terms of current Enochian Magick theory. Clear, detailed, and with plenty of historical background, I found it practically useful and a good read. Readers who want an account of Enochian Magick actually being worked would do well to read this book in conjunction with J Back's 'Spirits Walk With Me: An Enochian Odyssey'.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 6 July 2013
A much needed addition to my bookshelf. A great author who I always enjoy. A truly captivating read.recommended to all duquette fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well researched, 26 Mar 2013
I concur with the reviews above, this is a well researched and highly informative read.

I found out about it from a new website [...], that also mentions Crowley and the shamanic systems. I gather there is more to come on the site, but I'm pleased that it pointed me in this direction