5.0 out of 5 stars A gift from 'Ye Hoo Waa Hoo?' Brilliant and so funny, I cried with laughter., 26 July 2010
This review is from: Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford (Paperback)
I had some knowledge of the Qabalah before reading this marvellous book. In fact I was halfway through re-reading Dion Fortune's excellent work 'The Mystical Qabalah when, for some reason (boredom), I got distracted by window shopping on Amazon. My retail therapy 'hit' brought this book to my attention and based on the 'funny' reviews I purchased despite being skint. Now I see this book as Ye Ha Woo Haa! giving me a lighter and funnier way of learning Qabalah!

I mean anyone who describe 'The All' as "(He) who is so all-encompassing and huge that It has nowhere to sit down because all the chairs are inside of itself;...... Is not only brilliant funny but very, very clever.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to learn - with laughter, 11 Feb 2010
wicce_k "wicce_k" (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford (Paperback)
I was unsure about buying this book, because Qabalah can be dry and hard to get into your head. And there are plenty of books that add to that dry and brain aching feeling.. so I didn't want to spend more money on another book that would give me a headache.

This book does, but I'm laughing whilst my head hurts!

Duquette has made a stunning masterpiece of breaking down what this system is and how we can learn from it - but with so much fun and laughter inbetween. I love to explore my spirituality with a giggle and a belly laugh and this book does it, without detracting from the subject at all. In fact it makes it far more palatable and actually starts to resonate with you. Rabbi Ben is a fantastic character!

So, if you feel qabalah is dry and boring, hard to understanding, boring hebrew this and that - well it can be. But this book will make you laugh and love it for all of that and more. Lon is like a hermetic Terry Pratchett, dry witty and satirical love of the subject of qabalah and western traditions. FABULOUS

I have Dequette's other books i.e. Understanding the Thoth.. but this is my favourite by far! Well done Lon! and well done Rabbi Ben!
I wholeheartedly recommend this book and I fear I will have to keep buying copies of it for lending it out to people who never somehow can manage to return it lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Qabalah for all us chickens!, 12 Oct 2009
B. Towns (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford (Paperback)
This is an OUTSTANDING introduction to Qabalah - concise, easy to understand and, best of all, written in Lon's typically humerous style.

Refreshingly free of convoluted language, vague descriptions and overly-complicated detail, this is a useful addition to the library of anyone setting out on this esoteric journey.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Qabala for beginners..., 8 Oct 2009
Mr. Paul Copeman "paulsmiler" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford (Paperback)
A perfect book for those that want information on the Qabalistic system, but can't seem to get their heads around other books on the subject. Duquette's writing style is very funny at times but he never strays away from the topic, he makes learning a pleasure! If only I could have had school text books written by this man, I might even have done well in lessons.....

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford!!!, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford (Paperback)
''What does a young girl from Forks want with a Rabbi?''
I hear you cry, well on my journey to self enlightenment and mega movie franchise heaven, I stopped off at Amazon book store and found this book. I'm picked it up because of the amusing title.
I wasn't disappointed. A witty and realistic account of Qabalah and a red flag to all those who immitate.
So now I have a well informed, in bitesize peices view of Qabalah and I think I like it all thanks to the fabulously intelligent and engagingly funny Lon Milo DuQuette!!!
Born again? No I'm not, I think I got it right the first time but please read for entertainment value alone is so worth it but take something from it as I did and you'll find yourself writing a review not unlike this one.

'It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow man, the devil would die in his tracks of ennui.' Helen Keller

5.0 out of 5 stars A WORK OF PURE GENIUS, 28 Sep 2001
This review is from: Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford (Paperback)
The Hebrew Qabalah is perhaps the most complex and daunting of all spiritual sciences. The snob factor surrounding its study, however, is painful to say the least. The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford is at once the funniest piece of qabalistic literature every produced, and the most informative, enlightening, and practical work on the subject ever written. Bravo to Mr. Duquette or Rabbi Ben Clifford or whoever is responsible for this delightful work of pure genius. I laughed until I was enlightened. Welcome this provocative agent of esoterica.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little manual, 14 May 2013
A. O'neill (Hull.U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford (Paperback)
I call it a manual because there are tables to consult and points to read and re-read especially on Tarot. I enjoyed the author's joky if somewhat irreverent style. It is a book for both beginners and those who have studied Cabbalah for years. Yep, I can recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'LL SECOND THAT (A WORK OF PURE GENIUS), 2 May 2007
This review is from: Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford (Paperback)
Sometimes you have the rare pleasure, of finding a book, that slots everything into place.

You know the storey, you've been slaving away over the cryptic works of , trying to make sense of what the hell this qabalah thing is anyway.

And suddenly you find this, a rare treat, it's both hillarious and informative.

It will really help you further your understanding of the fundamental construction of the Tree of Life, the letters of the Hebrew alphabet and corrospondencies to Tarot, and Elements. (nb: be careful of the differences if studying Thoth tarot). It dosn't stop there of course.

It's origin also a mystery, who the hell was "Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford" anyway?

The only tragedy of this work, it's much like Itzhak Bentov's the "Stalking the Wild Pendulum" for me, in that you're left seriously wanting.

You really deserve this book ;) it's a vacation from the usual.

Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford
Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford by Lon Milo DuQuette (Paperback - 1 Aug 2001)
14.99