5.0 out of 5 stars After Effects WOW!!!!, 8 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects: Essentials v.1: Essentials Vol 1 (DV Expert Series) (Paperback)
As a New Media Designer who occasionally invests good money in a book, for me there is always a feeling of dread when buying tutorial infested books, simply because theres always a chance vital information may be wrong, or there might be important files missing from the CD. There's a slight risk factor. So it was a severe relief when this book came through my door.(Thanks Amazon!:)) As soon as I glanced through it I learnt an array of information on After effects. Each page is chock full, well written and most importantly, completly accurate. As an average After Effects user, there is always that temptation to skip a few chapters, but starting from page one paid off as I found I learnt far more than I bargained for, shortcuts and methods I had previously overlooked. Even the CD impressed me. It features Free plug ins, tons of source material and 6 bonus tutorials. I'm really looking forward to Trish & Chris Meyer's two other books on After Effects. If you find reading books helps you learn software, and After Effects is something you want to learn then invest in this book as soon as you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book to learn AE, 9 Oct. 2003
I spent close to an hour looking through six different AE tutorial book some time ago. This is by far the best! Good structure, in-depth, interesting projects etc etc. I've ordered vol 2 as well, which was published a few months ago. I am also very happy with other books in the "DV expert series".

Used & New from: £0.01