Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 February 2013
Written very shortly after the events the book described, more evidence and convictions would come to light and take place in later years, but on the whole a good read if you are into this period of American History which I have been interested in for many years along with the hateful Apartheid regime in South Africa. Of the two regimes, segregation and Apartheid there is not much to chose both are hate inspired, born, bred and taught it, then you marry it as one woman has said.
My sense of injustice on reading this rose to 98 on my Richter scale as did the life story of Steve Biko. I just cannot imagine ordinarily sensible people driven by so much hatred of their fellow man, it has never been in me to inflict so much hurt and suffering on a fellow human being no matter how much hatred I felt for them!
Read the book, see the movie and the documentary before moving on to a more in depth study of the Civil Rights years.