1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 19 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Between Husband & Wife: Gospel Perspectives on Marital Intimacy (Hardcover)
I was pretty disappointed with this book. The reason I purchased this book was to find answers as to what sexual acts were OK in a marriage. I had a look in the index and it listed Oral sex for a chapter called "Drawing the line" The act in any form of phrase was not mentioned once throughout the chapter - in fact the entire book, but mentioned to avoid unholy or impure practices. I have had church leaders mentioning some of the acts that were allowed in marriage and Oral sex was one of them. This book seems to infer that this is wrong - so really I am more confused than before. There just doesn't seem to be a fact sheet anywhere that says what's actually wrong and right with good reasoning other than leaders own beliefs on the subject. I've felt that it may be wrong to masturbate each other but this book says that it's OK and on other notes saying that if it feels wrong or you feel guilt then don't do it (in other words) So that theory really is blown out the window. We need proper facts! The chapter headed "Drawing the line" leads you to believe that there is a distinct line between what's right and wrong but I still feel left in the dark !
This is only one aspect of the book that I was most interested in. I feel the book has other useful sections as to the differences in views between men and women, what to expect for the first time and useful tips if your having problems.

Between Husband & Wife: Gospel Perspectives on Marital Intimacy
Between Husband & Wife: Gospel Perspectives on Marital Intimacy by Douglas E. Brinley (Hardcover - April 2000)
Used & New from: £0.76