Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 October 2012
The only reason I can think of why you would be reading this is because That certain precious, beautiful, and/or perhaps sometimes agonizingly frustrating passion (you'll know what I mean if you have it) for the Heart of Hearts, or Truth of Truths (or whatever it might get called), has led you here; and all I can say is get this book, it is absolutely amazing;

I'm in chapter 17 at the moment; it took me ages to get out of 16 because things kept happening that would lead to me wanting to go back to the beginning of the chapter and re-experience it with deeper appreciation and understanding;

It's a book about "experience"; it's not theoretical, it's about our experiencing of this life thing,.....this living pulsating vibrant flowing stuff we are made of:

This book easily strips away what isn't;

This book is an Exploration into the Heart of All: it's one of 4 of all my Advaita type books that I would definitely care not to lose, that's actually changed things, irrevocably, lovingly; it is "Brilliant" "Shining", "Clear"; it dissolves what seem to me like mental structures interwoven into a fabric of illusion of separateness; it eats into that fabric... this book delivers;

(I also have the audio version: that's completely amazing too; it's not just a verbatim reading of text: I'm at a loss for how to describe it really, but just to say something silly like that for me it is Awesomex10)
on 24 August 2013
If you are familiar with the works of Joel Goldsmith you will value this book.
Unlike other communicators of conscious realisation, the author uses very few references to scriptures and traditional mystical writings.
I found this refreshing no nonsense style very effective in breaking down sense dominated thought patterns. The messages of truth and Self realisation are simple. But our sense and control driven world, often takes our attention away from the present moment. Therefore, constant attention is required to realign our conscious awareness to the present moment.
You may find the wring style hard going in the first few chapters (I did), but my advice is to stick with it as this is purely your intellect resisting these simple but deep concepts.
Excellent book that I expect to reread a number of times.
on 29 November 2011
This is a wholly remarkable book. I was put off just a little by the Introduction, and was afraid I was going to discover something a bit juvenile, or so New Age that I would be unable to take it seriously. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I've read hundreds of spiritual books, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Christian mysticism, A Course in Miracles, I mean a library of material. After decades of reading and meditating and self-inquiry, plus reading and doing a lot of stuff that's shallower and more embarrassing than what I'll confess to here, Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now, which I read about 5 1/2 years ago, gave me both fresh insight and tools leading to experiential Truth which helped me, however marginally, to "break out of the dream and into Myself."

Then came Nisargadatta Maharaj, Ramana Maharshi, Ramesh Balsekar, Byron Katie, Ken Wilber, Gangaji, and Adyashanti, among others. All of them proved to be immensely helpful. I'm enormously grateful to them all. This book is in that lofty league, and the author surely is breathing that rare air.

The beauty of this book is that it doesn't write down to you, nor does it lead you in endless intellectual circles. It'll tell you What's What, then spends 300 pages telling you that again and again in many, many brilliant ways. My hat is off to the Real Author; it's a genuinely remarkable achievement.

I'm also grateful to Amazon's suggestive features and the reviewers here. I'd never heard of either this book or this guy. Amazon led me here, and the reviewers pushed me over the edge. I hope I can do that for you.

When you are ready, this book will be astonishing. Until then, it will be gobbledygook. Buy it today. Try to read it. If you get it, so to speak, it'll change your life. If you've already more or less got this thing, but have no teacher, this book will help confirm that you're not crazy and let you fall on over the edge into the warm embrace of Reality.

Ultimately, it's always about Grace. The imaginary Little Me can't do anything to wake itself up, which means to make itself fall apart. Can an image in the mirror shave itself or comb its hair? Can it fail to follow directions from the thing casting the reflection?

If you read this book and don't get it, that's fine. Don't beat yourself up, and don't begin to deny what I've said here. This is Truth. It Is What It Is. Simply put it on the shelf for future reference, with the confidence that there are no mistakes. Pull it down from time and time and revisit it.

This book has the Truth in it. This is You writing to You about You. I could not recommend it any more highly. As of this writing, I've only read the first 60 pages and it's about the best $15 I ever spent. Good luck. Peace to You.

About three years later:

Since I wrote this review, Peter has become an active spiritual teacher and a friend of mine. He gives talks on weeknights in Phoenix and travels about the country as well. He's become a friend of mine, and I assure you that his book is worth your attention.
on 22 December 2008
According to Peter Francis Dziuban, ALL finite phenomena (walking your dog, eating a sandwich, reading this review) are unreal.

Well OK, Vedanta might seem to agree with that. Vedanta might say that they neither real nor unreal, they are mithya, name and form of the One substratum which is pure being - Brahman. But, according to Dziuban, they are not real in any sense (or indeed no sense) - they are not even afforded the status of illusion - even an illusion is utterly non-existent.

Consciousness is All presents a series of pointers and arguments to support and verify this sort of assertion (of course this verification must also be non-existent).

Already there may be suspicion that a sleight of logic is at work (in fact some of the reasoning here would make Zeno the ancient philosopher of paradox blush.)

The central claim that Consciousness is all is presented with clarity, but Dziuban's ultimate conclusions regarding finite reality are just so much logic based on abstraction and conjecture.

Oh, and the book is far too long and repetitive.
on 5 September 2013
A lot of great ideas to ponder. Writing is clear. I think I will be dipping in and out of it for quite some time.
on 26 September 2008
It's a book that makes you really think and ponder.A book that makes you sit up and take notice of.Consciousness is what we are and the author shows this clearly step by step-- you feel and know what words alone can never explain.
on 18 January 2016