on 11 March 2008
Having worked as a senior executive in banking for many years, the ability to be a 'warrior' and also retain a calm has become crystal clear. In fact, it seems that it is the key differentator between those execs that succeed and those that don't.

This book provides a fantastic, readable account of two critical, key seemingly divergent aspects to work. The examples that are used are both memorable and useful. Unlike many 'self help' style books, this book has avoided falling into simple platitudes or little pithy sayings that sound profound yet do little to assist an executive in the real world.

Kamal Sarma has managed to combine an unusually diverse background (the monastery and MicKinseys) in a single text that is of value and use for senior executives that want to succeed.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 April 2008
Meditation has been a regular part of my daily routine for quite some time. I find that through this practice, I am far more calm, centered, and productive. In taking just a little time out from the chaos of my day, I realize that a lot of the worries that I fixate on aren't really all that important to who I am, how I live my life, or in loving those around me. Even in the midst of my most difficult life experiences, I gain perspective and find meaning in the situation.

Mental Resilience is one of those books that I wish I would have had years ago when I first started to meditate. This book is perfect for those who want to explore meditation but don't know where to begin. In the first part of the book, the author answers common questions and clears up misconceptions about the practice. Then, in the second portion of the book, the author presents a variety of meditation stepping stones that the reader can practice to become more and more adept. Accompanying the book is a CD with all of the meditations for ease of use.
on 2 June 2010
I found this book to be insightful, practical and easy to use. I knew very little about meditation prior to reading this but I now know how to meditate and am starting to reap the benefits of a life with less stress.
on 4 January 2010
Really liked the reasoning behind the book. The layout and progression of the exercises is good. All round a simple way to put you on a path to meditation and a more peacefull view of life.