5.0 out of 5 stars The Hidden Spirituality of Men, 27 Nov. 2008
Tami Brady "Integrated Whole Health" (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Hidden Spirituality of Men: Ten Metaphors to Awaken the Sacred Masculine (Hardcover)
I have numerous shelves full of books written specifically for women. These resources encourage women to let go of unhealthy societal expectations, learn to love themselves, and to embrace their inner goddess.

What I realized as I began reading The Hidden Spirituality of Men is that I don't have any books written for men or about the masculine parts of us all. What about my husband, my son, and my grandson? Doesn't the world give them unrealistic messages that "real men" don't show their emotions, that "real men" are supposed to be dominant at all times, and that "real men" are defined by what they drink or what sports they like to watch? Don't they also need to look within to find and accept the real them?

The Hidden Spirituality of Men opened my eyes. Caught in my own struggles, I hadn't really considered the male perspective. I didn't think about the depth that is hidden or why men believe that they need to do so. I hadn't realized that just as the roles of women have been distorted so have those of men.

4.0 out of 5 stars The problem with men...., 27 Oct. 2009
L. Neal "Rev Linds" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Interesting thoughts about finding ways to encourage men to engage with their spritual side. Though I am not sure that a sweat lodge would be well received in a church setting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Men and their Spirit, 15 Sept. 2011
Carsten V. Persson (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This book is so beautiful, and it helps restore men's confidence, that they are a part of the sacred Life of the Universe.

The Hidden Spirituality of Men: Ten Metaphors to Awaken the Sacred Masculine