5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best
I first read this incredible book in the 1980s and it still remains the very finest, most practical, most kindly work on the whole subject of manifesting incredible change in our lives.

It is so understandable with such clear instructions and written with empathy, kindness and genuine caring. Each chapter links to the next smoothly and without any unnecessary...
Published on 5 Feb 2009 by H. C. Traveller

3.0 out of 5 stars Apparently a classic but not that great.
This is a book that's particularly useful if you don't know anything about visualization whatsoever. Very easy to understand and the exercises are also made in a way that allows you to start right away. As a person who is already a bit familiar with visualization (i.e. I know what the word means and read about it in articles online etc) I didn't get as much as I expected...
Published 12 months ago by gaia

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful book!, 17 Aug 2008
This review is from: Creative Visualization (Paperback)
I bought this book years ago and still refer to it frequently. I originally bought it to use the techniques to help me through my college courses and to successfully get into the university I wanted to go to. The daily affirmations really worked and I graduated with honours. The best thing about this book, in my opinion is that it helps you understand how your constant thoughts about things actually create the life you are living. And, it is through this filter that we see all things. But this "filter" also has power and it can be changed. If we can change the filter, we can change the results. It may seem simplistic to think that just changing the way you think about things can create a real change. But, changing the way you think about things, especially subconsciously is not easy! Worries and subconscious expectations, thinking "this is how things are" - these are all tough animals to tame! What we accept, what we settle for, what we aspire to, these are products of our belief system supported by our subconscious. If you want to learn some great techniques for reconfiguring your filter to start internally building the life around you that you desire, this book is invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic of the genre, 23 April 2002
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This has become quite a classic, judging by the great number of other books that refer to it or list it in their bibliographies. It explains what creative visualization is, how it works and provides easy techniques to apply it successfully. In addition, it provides useful information on meditation, evocation, treasure maps plus the proper use of and many good examples of affirmations. There's a bibliography of books, tapes and music and the text is enhanced by black and white illustrations and inspiring mandala symbols. A very practical and useful guide to self-realisation and a handy reference work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction, 4 Dec 2002
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Creative Visualization (Paperback)
Shakti Gawain’s book has become quite a classic, judging by the great number of other books that refer to it or list it in their bibliographies. It is written for the layman and explains what creative visualization is, how it works and provides easy techniques to apply it successfully. In addition, it provides useful information on meditation, evocation, treasure maps plus the proper use of and many good examples of affirmations. There's a bibliography of books, tapes and music. A very practical and useful guide to self-realisation and a handy reference work. Readers who wish to investigate further may consult Practical Guide To Creative Visualization by Melita Denning and Osborne Phillips for more advanced techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT NOW!, 30 Aug 2010
This Book is beyond belief, looks like that she is talking to you, teaching you to get where you always wanted to be.
Even if you are young, old, single, broke, unemployed, lost, alone, are trying to make ends meet, starting or running a business or something else, you name it.
This book is going to help you a lot to get where you want to go to.
However I will give you a little advise: THINK BIG, because if you ask for a bike you will get a bike, but if you ask for a Brand New Car, Mansion, Happy Family, Blessed Love life, Health, Wealthy bank Account you may have it.

How many years have you being trying to change the Exterior/Situations?
Make it easy for yourself: CHANGE THE INTERIOR (your mind/way of thinking) and THE EXTERIOR WILL BE A REFLETION OF IT.

Everything is NOT In Your HANDS, but IN YOUR MIND.

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative Visualization., 30 Aug 2010
This review is from: Creative Visualization (Paperback)
Quite good. I've read other books on this topic, so didn't learn anything new. A good book for someone new to this subject. Basically, like other books on this subject, they are all saying; think positive, think of nice things, when you talk to yourself (thinking), tell yourself positive, nice things. Visualize success and positive stuff. Eg. don't tell yourself that you can't do something, or that you are going to fail, and imagine and visualize that you are going to succeed, do well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 30 Jan 2011
Mr. DJ KING (Beds., England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Visualization (Paperback)
I have owned this book for many years. Initially I believed its contents to be "too good to be true" but the more I read about the subject the more I appreciated how well written and simple it is. If you need only a couple of self-help books then opt for this and Louise Hay's "You can heal your life". The whole book can be read quickly and it avoids jargon or several chapters on theology. Try repeating a selection of affirmations from those listed and you begin to wonder why we choose to spend so much of our time thinking negative thoughts when positive ones make us feel immediately better.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important books I have ever read., 12 Mar 1999
By A Customer
In 1990 I needed to heal and create a new life. I found Shakti Gawain's book - Creative Visualization" and did just that. I now know how to create whatever I need in my life to make me happy - and I also know what makes me happy! I constantly point people to this book. It is one of two of the most important books I have ever read. Please - do your self a favor - devour this book and it's lessons. Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Insprirational, 12 Feb 2010
Excellent book, just what I was looking for, clear, useful exercises and meditations. I love the cd with Shakti's gentle voice. Haven't finished the book yet but so far Im very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn the life skills of affirmations/visualizations., 24 April 1999
By A Customer
This book appeals to people seeking additional success skills, and appeals to their wishful thinking.
What a great concept, that you can change your life with positive images and words. We all know the effect such reinforcement has on children, why not apply it to ourselves? This book has helped me in my work and personal life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink bubble, 17 Aug 2008
This review is from: Creative Visualization (Paperback)
Whether you can dream, whether you can visualise or not, this is a great starting point for the beginner and once you start you won't want to stop!

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Creative Visualization
Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain (Paperback - 12 Nov 2002)