1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars a really lovely book, but......, 30 April 2008
Jane Rutter "Jane Rutter" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GEISHA: A Photographic History, 1872-1912 (Hardcover)
If I had not also ordered 'Geisha women of japan's flower and willow world' I am sure I would love this book. I just felt a little disappointed by the amount and quality of the images in this book compared to the other. Most of the images are fairly run of the mill and quite ordinary. I would advise paying a little extra for the other book, its about double the size and is full of information and hundreds of images. Much more interesting and in depth than this book, which seems a little thin on the ground. Having said that, this book is presented in a lovely modern style, with cute quirky fonts and lay out, it looks great but i just feel that the quality of some of the images is weak, some are actually really pixelated.
I would pick this up in a shop because it has a very modern feel but i just don't think the content is at all in depth. It just depends on what you are looking for, I was hoping for a book crammed with images and information and this just didn't quite cut it for me.

GEISHA: A Photographic History, 1872-1912
GEISHA: A Photographic History, 1872-1912 by Stanley Burns (Hardcover - 18 Jan 2007)
Used & New from: £32.98