4.0 out of 5 stars Does away with the scare-factor!!!
HI
I borrowed the Message from my Mum while she was in Australia for a month and I've been totally loathed to give it back. I've used it every day. It's so accessible and easy to read. I particularly found it useful for reading the Old Testament. It reads like a story and while I certainly wouldn't recommend it as an alternative to the original translation it does...
Published on 8 Oct 2003 by Gemma Woodman

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition ruined by lack of navigation
I am a big fan of The Message and bought the hardback version as soon as it came out. A key use is for bible study groups. Eugene Peterson's paraphrase version of study passages is always a good source of lively discussion.
I have bought Kindle versions of my favourite bible translations which means I no longer have to carry a heavy bag (3-4 copies of the Bible) but...
Published on 21 Dec 2011 by Fred Bottlehead

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Index, 14 May 2013
The translation is fine but I bought the Kindle version and it is VERY difficult to negotiate around the bible. With my kindle NIV I can just choose a boook, ch and verse and go straight there. The message index layout takes me about 10 minutes to locate anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars massage i love it great book please read it your self, 14 May 2013
i love it please read it yourselfit opens up the storery of god good read goodread please read it please

4.0 out of 5 stars Message - a joy to read, 13 May 2013
A very convenient format for reading while travelling. The only snag I find is difficulty in navigating around when I want to move from one passage to another.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Message Bible, 27 April 2013
This review is from: The Message: the Bible in Contemporary Language (Modern Girl's Bible Study) (Hardcover)
This is a lovely contemporary translation of the Bible. It can bring a fresh look at the Bible fpr those used to older translations and is excellent for those who have not read the Bible at all. Mossy.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 15 April 2013
Great way to read the stories of the bible as bedtime reading, not to be used instead of the bible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 8 April 2013
It is good as far as 'The Message' goes but I cannot see anyway it can be called a Girls' Study Version??? - I assumed it would have Study notes to guide a teenage girl - but it is a straightforward Message!!!
Should the definition be changed or is there an actual Girls Study Version & the wrong book has been sent to me?

5.0 out of 5 stars gift for one happy friend, 6 April 2013
purcashed this as a gift , one happy friend, for me personally the writing would be to small but then I do wear glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars In modern language, 26 Mar 2013
I have had many Bibles in my life, but this one gives easy to understand history of the bible without the long drawn out so and so begat so and so, which might be good for scholars but does not always lend itself to actually being read! Impressed, so far, and it is inviting to read more and interpret the scriptures into something relevant to todays world. Well done Mr Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Word of God written in a l;anguage one can understand, 26 Mar 2013
Excellent read. For those who might find the Bible boring, this opens up the Word of God and is a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Mar 2013
Rev. John H. Marsden "JHMarsden" (North Wales U. K.) - See all my reviews
I purchased this NLT Bible for a new Christian. It was perfect. He could understand the Scripturesxmuch better.
The service and product were great.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›

The Message: the Bible in Contemporary Language (Modern Girl's Bible Study)
17.17