4.0 out of 5 stars The most thorough book I have read on this subject, 2 Jan 2008
R. Mccall "Ross" (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ (Paperback)
My wife and I recently lead a course on the subject of being and making disciples for our church in Newcastle. I read this book whilst preparing for that course and thoroughly enjoyed it. Most discipleship books look either at some practical models for making disciples, or a biblical pattern, but Bill Hull does this and more. What I most enjoyed was the section on the history of discipleship, fascinating and very enlightening as we think about challenges facing our church today.
I will be buying this book for lots of people. Churches urgently need to think about the issues discussed here, and take up some of the suggestions Bill Hull makes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done, 14 Dec 2010
I read some of his earlier books on the same topic years ago, and a number of important parts just didn't work for me.

This book is a different deal. It is much better put together, and is now a mature work from a long time practicioner. Very helpful.

The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ