on 25 August 2012
I did a "Bible-in-Year" read some years ago; it took me nearly 2 years to get through it all, with a nagging sense of guilt that I got so far behind the daily plan.

This version of "Read-the-whole-Bible" is made for people like me - it is an all in one Read-in-a-year-or-two-years-or-four-years. It is working much better for me; the modern language makes it read like an narrative rather than heavy literature, and the lack of in-your-face dating doesn't hit you with tough targets. The Old and New testament sections are interweaved, so you switch from one to the other without having to flip forwards and backwards through a "book". There are symbols along the way to suggest where your daily portion finishes, but I have ignored these and just read until I have to stop (for work, or bed-time, or to go and do something else!). There are "pauses" along the way inviting you to think about what you have just read - sometimes I pause, sometimes I don't.

I recommend that everyone does read the Bible all through at some stage - and this is a good version for tackling the challenge.
on 6 November 2013
This book does not lend itself to the Kindle ... in the end I got the paper book (which is outstanding!) In the Kindle version it is too easy to accidentally go to one of the references and then go to quite a different part of the book, and have no way of getting back. I tried it both on my Kindle and on my iPad and they were both equally frustrating. I suggest buying the book itself as they are available cheaply and MUCH easier to use!
I would give the book itself 5 starsThe Message//REMIX Pause: A Daily Reading Bible
on 23 November 2013
I bought this for my kindle and I can't move in and out of the passages if I want to look at a different one. I have to stay with the reading program. It may be ok in the print book but I wouldn't recommend the kindle verson.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2014
Buy a Nook and order it from Barnes and Noble for half the price. Can't argue with the content, but can with Kindle ' eco system which means you can't read it on anything other than a kindle app or amazon e - reader.
on 20 March 2013
This is a great daily reading bible. It is possible to navigate through the Bible and I also like the options to pause or continue through the whole days reading.
on 2 October 2015
Really enjoying this. So refreshing. Have the hard copy but wanted to be able to read when away and can now use my Kindle and iPad using this version.
on 5 February 2015
Really enjoyed the way it was put together. I liked the flip between the Old and new testimony and the train of thought developed from this.
on 1 November 2013
Brilliant to have such a knowledgeable commentary running parallel with my own reading of the Good Book.

An excellent read.
on 15 January 2013
I love the Message, it speaks my language. The Remix is set out very clearly with daily New and Old Testament readings.
on 14 March 2013
This item is brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a fresh approach to daily Bible Reading.