Format: Hardcover|Change

on 28 January 2010
This book has simplified stories from The Message translation of the Bible. Eugene's adult translation is amazing, and this children's version is just as good too. It says the stories are suitable from 4 years, however our 3 year old daughter loves the book so much that she insists on having at least one "God Story" when she goes to bed. If complex words are used, they are described in the margin. There are pointers for discussion with your child, and also the start of a prayer that you can pray together. A brilliant book!
on 28 June 2010
This kids bible is brilliant! The stories are adapted for children in a really good way that doesnt miss anything out and is easy for young children to understand. My son is 4 and he always wants this read to him at bedtime aand he always wants more than 1 story. My 6-year-old nephew also really likes this bible and enjoys reading it. It has questions so that you can really make the story interactive and relevant to them. It also has a prayer idea which makes them think about prayer and not just learn words. I would definately recommend this to anyone who wants to introduce there children to the bible.
on 12 December 2010
I like the way the way main bible stories have been singles out and put in a simpler form. I also really liked the reflective questions and activities suggested around the stories, though would say that simpler language would have suited my 6 1/2 year old son better.
on 19 January 2015
I use this daily (well most days) with my young son so that we can have a quiet time together
The passages can be a bit long but only take about 5 minutes to do
We usually light a candle, and say the prayer afterwards
The use of "Mantee" does work and help keep my son interested.
on 24 March 2016
Brilliant book!! There is a chapter for each story with at least two big pictures per chapter and each chapter only being two or more pages long altogether. Wonderful pictures and an easily understandable style of narration. And there is a thought and or prayer idea at the end of each chapter.
on 13 February 2013
Bought for our daughter who is almost 8. Easy to read and understand and great to have text relative to her age. Definitely recommend to anyone look for a modern version of the Bible.
on 25 February 2013
Highly recommended, kids love it (and understand it) and parents learn a lot from reading the stories to their kids.
on 2 July 2014
I brought this for my six years old and he love reading it.
on 13 February 2016
Lovely bible for my kids.
on 3 November 2014