Format: PaperbackChange

on 2 February 2004
This book was very helpful in understanding the importance of being clear and steadfast in stating what my business is about. How will others find me and make use of my services if I keep changing my mind and my message? The image of a lighthouse standing firm and shining its light is a poweful one.
The book is divided into 3 main sections. The first describes the theory of 'strategic synchronicity' (aka attraction). The second takes you through the process of drawing up your own 'strategic attraction plan' and the third contains 21 daily tips to keep you on track and in focus. Sections 1 and 2 were enormously useful and yielded some excellent results. Section 3 felt rather more padded and my interest tailed off towards the end.
Overall, a useful read that produces results if you do the exercises and maintain focus and effort.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 September 2009
We've all heard of the 20/80 rule, that only 20% of our daily efforts are actually fruitful. If this is true, then why are we spinning our wheels? Why do we drive ourselves insane trying to please fly by night customers? What if there was a different way?

Attracting Perfect Customers looks at those customers who make doing business a pleasure. These individuals not only want what you provide but consider your service valuable. Wouldn't going to work be a pleasure if all your customers were like these people? Then, why not put your efforts into attracting more perfect customers?

Attracting Perfect Customers provides a much needed breakthrough for businesses. Really, it's all about working smarter, using your strengths, making real connections, and being really clear about what you are trying to achieve. The alternative, running blindly about hoping to make a buck here and there, doesn't really make much sense.
on 30 July 2014
I enjoyed reading the book and doing the exercises, but confess I was a little stunned by the constant references to 'invite your favourite client for lunch' and discuss how you could better serve them etc. The problem is, a lot of us freelancers are already providing services at a minimal/barely sustainable rates and being able to afford to take clients out to lunch as many times as they suggest, implies we don't need to attracting any more customers.

I love reading positive affirmations, New Age, Law of Attraction stuff and living in the mind over matter bubble now and again, but unfortunately, reality has to bite. You can't have an abundance of perfect clients and I agree with the authors, it best to get rid of those that do your head in.

Well worth a read as it has some brilliant ideas.
on 7 November 2014