on 10 January 2005
It was with some reservation that I began reading Redeeming Love,I am not always a fan of Christian fiction. Very soon I was immersed in the story of Angel's early years and soon I was unable to put this book down, reading late into the night in a way I haven't done for many years.
The storyline itself is compelling, but as with all great books (and I mean great books), there are layers and textures to the writing that draw you in and keep you there, beyond the last page, because the message finds a place in the heart and stays there, long after you have finished reading.
Some books leave their mark,usually for me it is when they are able to unfold a little bit about the human condition. Redeeming Love did it again. If you have suffered, felt alone or desperate, felt sure of your worthlessness or just plain unsure of the point of it all I think you should try reading this book. Even if God doesn't figure large in your life, He might whisper in your ear through this story, and things will never be the same again!
33 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 February 2007
This is a very emotional and moving book and will be enjoyed by everyone, not just christians. It is a story of strength of faith in a hard and cruel world and the writer knows just how to show the good with the bad without being overly dark. It is an amazing book!
on 9 March 2006
As an owner of ALL Francine Rivers' books, I rate 'redeeming love' as the most amazing, life-changing novel I have ever read. The pure and honest way she writes really spoke to my heart. As a Christian, it gives me pride to have such a wonderful novel I can recommend to non-Christians that isnt 'preachy' or 'judgemental' and is actually so enjoyable to read. Each page is a heartful masterpeice. If you are only going to buy one novel this year (I know, "Corny"!!!) buy this one. You wont regret it.
on 10 June 1998
This is the first book I've read by Francine Rivers, and I have to say I've already ordered more of her books. I don't even know how to put in to words how Redeeming Love made me feel. All I can say is our God is an awesome God and His love is unconditional, there's no doubt about it. Anybody who doubts that really needs to read this book.
on 15 June 2006
`Redeeming Love' touched me in a way that a book has never before. The majority of books that move me - move me emotionally through the characters' love or their self-discoveries. `Redeeming Love' moved me spiritually. It touched my soul. Somehow the romance and the love within the book didn't remove the real message it was trying to convey: God's love.

I'm not Christian; I'm Buddhist. My best friend is Christian and she lent me this book after I asked to borrow because it kept being recommended to me on Amazon.

It's an amazing book. The love story is beautifully written and just tugs at your heart strings. I recommend it to non-Christians as well as Christians.
on 9 September 2006
A friend of mine lent me this book. It's been a long time since I read a novel, so I was a bit apprehensive. However, being the friend that she is, I knew she was only going to recommend something of value. Redeeming Love will touch you deeply, regardless of who you are. Although, I've been blessed with a wonderful background, I had so much to learn about myself, I saw sides of myself that I was almost embarrassed to admit I had. The book will help you to look beyond your own needs and understand and love those who are hurting. It will teach you that God loves ALL of us unconditionally, regardless of who we are and what we have done, but hates the work (sins) of the prince of darkness. It inspires and gives hope to those hurting and shows us how much we are in the need of Gods love in our life, and how important it is to understand and accept that we are truly loved and all God wants to do, is to lead us to the cross and be His bride that we may walk in the light and be safe under His protection. Redeeming Love is recommended to anyone, regardless of gender, culture & belief - a book that lovingly changes the way you may look at life, your neighbor, and yourself.
on 28 October 2005
This is the best book that i have read in a long time! My ministers wife recommended and lent it to me. I started reading not knowing what the book was about, and wasnt too sure whether to read on! I'm so glad that i did, it was an amazing book, and as somebody's already said, not only about the love that Michael had for Angel, but the neverending, incomprehendable love that God has for each one of us!
I was so sad to finish reading the book, i wanted to read on into the lives of the characters! I can't wait to read more by Francine Rivers!
on 9 June 2003
This is a story with a wide range of emotions. From the utter depravity of man to the absolute and unconditional love of God.
It follows the story of Michael Hosea and his total surrender to the will of God, regardless of the emotional torture and heartache that sometimes comes with it. It is also the story of Angel, her emotional and physical scars that are borne of a tragic childhood and her journey to complete healing and spiritual awakening.
Based on the Old Testament book of Hosea, it portrays God's wonderful love and patience with his wayward children, by focusing on the example of Michael Hosea's unconditional love for Angel. An inspirational and thought provoking piece of fiction which could be compared to a parable - an earthly story with a heavenly meaning. The book encouraged me to read the book of Hosea, not a book I would probably have read before reading this novel!!
Highly recommended.
on 20 April 1999
Redeeming Love was recommended to me by a lover of Romance Novels..... a genre I NEVER read. However, I thought I'd give it a chance. I'm so glad I did. Ms Rivers makes the book of Hosea come alive in terms we cannot miss. God's love, as shown through the character of Michael, is so beyond our comprehension, that it's only through allegory that we can understand it. This book has touched my heart and my soul. Quite a few of my friends had recommended The Scarlet Thread, but I hadn't read it. Now I'll have to read that one too! Thank you Francine Rivers.
on 29 November 2003
After reading this book and crying many tears it helped me make the most important decision of my life. God`s love for me pressed so hard on my heart that I gave my life to Him. I was a christian before but this book changed my whole attitude towards God. Every woman will love this.