5.0 out of 5 stars wholly impressive
It was with some reservation that I began reading Redeeming Love,I am not always a fan of Christian fiction. Very soon I was immersed in the story of Angel's early years and soon I was unable to put this book down, reading late into the night in a way I haven't done for many years.
Published on 10 Jan 2005 by Mrs. Marie Graham

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down
I found this to be a bit on the raw side for my taste, but having said that it was still hard to put down! Slightly unreal and yet it does capture the relentless love of God as portrayed through Hosea. I have many friends who were deeply moved by it.
Published 18 months ago by Marsy

5.0 out of 5 stars wholly impressive, 10 Jan 2005
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
The storyline itself is compelling, but as with all great books (and I mean great books), there are layers and textures to the writing that draw you in and keep you there, beyond the last page, because the message finds a place in the heart and stays there, long after you have finished reading.
Some books leave their mark,usually for me it is when they are able to unfold a little bit about the human condition. Redeeming Love did it again. If you have suffered, felt alone or desperate, felt sure of your worthlessness or just plain unsure of the point of it all I think you should try reading this book. Even if God doesn't figure large in your life, He might whisper in your ear through this story, and things will never be the same again!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read of anyone, 26 Feb 2007
Dorothy Allan (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
This is a very emotional and moving book and will be enjoyed by everyone, not just christians. It is a story of strength of faith in a hard and cruel world and the writer knows just how to show the good with the bad without being overly dark. It is an amazing book!

5.0 out of 5 stars if you dont own this book, you're missing out., 9 Mar 2006
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
As an owner of ALL Francine Rivers' books, I rate 'redeeming love' as the most amazing, life-changing novel I have ever read. The pure and honest way she writes really spoke to my heart. As a Christian, it gives me pride to have such a wonderful novel I can recommend to non-Christians that isnt 'preachy' or 'judgemental' and is actually so enjoyable to read. Each page is a heartful masterpeice. If you are only going to buy one novel this year (I know, "Corny"!!!) buy this one. You wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from a non-Christian, 15 Jun 2006
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
`Redeeming Love' touched me in a way that a book has never before. The majority of books that move me - move me emotionally through the characters' love or their self-discoveries. `Redeeming Love' moved me spiritually. It touched my soul. Somehow the romance and the love within the book didn't remove the real message it was trying to convey: God's love.

I'm not Christian; I'm Buddhist. My best friend is Christian and she lent me this book after I asked to borrow because it kept being recommended to me on Amazon.

It's an amazing book. The love story is beautifully written and just tugs at your heart strings. I recommend it to non-Christians as well as Christians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!! I hated that it ever had to end!, 10 Jun 1998
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
This is the first book I've read by Francine Rivers, and I have to say I've already ordered more of her books. I don't even know how to put in to words how Redeeming Love made me feel. All I can say is our God is an awesome God and His love is unconditional, there's no doubt about it. Anybody who doubts that really needs to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to look beyond your own needs and love those who are trulu hurting, 9 Sep 2006
Amanda S. (Faroe Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
A friend of mine lent me this book. It's been a long time since I read a novel, so I was a bit apprehensive. However, being the friend that she is, I knew she was only going to recommend something of value. Redeeming Love will touch you deeply, regardless of who you are. Although, I've been blessed with a wonderful background, I had so much to learn about myself, I saw sides of myself that I was almost embarrassed to admit I had. The book will help you to look beyond your own needs and understand and love those who are hurting. It will teach you that God loves ALL of us unconditionally, regardless of who we are and what we have done, but hates the work (sins) of the prince of darkness. It inspires and gives hope to those hurting and shows us how much we are in the need of Gods love in our life, and how important it is to understand and accept that we are truly loved and all God wants to do, is to lead us to the cross and be His bride that we may walk in the light and be safe under His protection. Redeeming Love is recommended to anyone, regardless of gender, culture & belief - a book that lovingly changes the way you may look at life, your neighbor, and yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just pick it up and try it!, 28 Oct 2005
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
This is the best book that i have read in a long time! My ministers wife recommended and lent it to me. I started reading not knowing what the book was about, and wasnt too sure whether to read on! I'm so glad that i did, it was an amazing book, and as somebody's already said, not only about the love that Michael had for Angel, but the neverending, incomprehendable love that God has for each one of us!
I was so sad to finish reading the book, i wanted to read on into the lives of the characters! I can't wait to read more by Francine Rivers!

5.0 out of 5 stars God is great and His love endures forever, 11 July 2001
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
I'd heard so much about this book and I was not disappointed at all. I'd read the book of Hosea a long time ago but never quite got a real revelation about God's love.
This book was so gripping and so real, I couldn't stop reading it until I reached the end. I was laughing and crying at the same time. It is certainly not the kind of love that we (in the world today) display to one another, which is more the reason to read the book.
Love is primarily about action. The feelings are secondary. However, in the world today, we've made the feelings primary and the actions secondary. God has commanded us to love one another unconditionally and until we begin to do this, the actual feelings will always be short-lived.
This is a must-read for both male and female. I believe, once you read the book, you will understand better why God can never give up on us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Redeeming Love....., 25 Oct 2007
J. N. Moses "Rubies4books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
This book was AMAZING!!!! I mean, I know that God loves us but what we do not know is HOW MUCH.....I was up till 6 am trying to finish this book, it was recommended by my sister and although i've only known christianity this book is for everyone, it opens your eyes to see how powerful love is, the sheer strength of an uncompromising love....If you haven't read this yet... please buy a copy like....NOW!
God's love is amazing!!!! You'd be moved....I Promise....

5.0 out of 5 stars A great work of fiction from a talented author., 9 Jun 2003
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Paperback)
This is a story with a wide range of emotions. From the utter depravity of man to the absolute and unconditional love of God.
It follows the story of Michael Hosea and his total surrender to the will of God, regardless of the emotional torture and heartache that sometimes comes with it. It is also the story of Angel, her emotional and physical scars that are borne of a tragic childhood and her journey to complete healing and spiritual awakening.
Based on the Old Testament book of Hosea, it portrays God's wonderful love and patience with his wayward children, by focusing on the example of Michael Hosea's unconditional love for Angel. An inspirational and thought provoking piece of fiction which could be compared to a parable - an earthly story with a heavenly meaning. The book encouraged me to read the book of Hosea, not a book I would probably have read before reading this novel!!
Highly recommended.

Redeeming Love
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (Paperback - 30 May 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01