4.0 out of 5 stars A good book for a beginner despite the daunting title..., 26 Feb 2001
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX R3 in Depth (Exam Cram) (Paperback)
It took me a long while of browsing amongst other similar volumes to decide upon purchasing this title, and I am glad that I did. The title I believe should be something more like '3d Studio Max for Beginners', great book for this purpose i.e. me.
The writing style in the exercises can be a little confusing at times, such as it apparently telling you to do something in step one and then explaining later on how to do it when all along it should have said 'this is what we are going to do...'. I am reminded of the exams where you are told to read the whole question first. Patience is a virtue, and this book doubley so, but stick with it, it is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must BUY for Max 3 Beginners and Intermediate users, 14 Nov 2000
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX R3 in Depth (Exam Cram) (Paperback)
Having a collection of just about every Studio MAX book written in the last 4 years, it was most welcome to find one with such usefull info and an easy reading style. Weather you are starting out with max or wish to improve your skill this is an excellent book. Where many Max 3 books tend to cover lots of info but not in any depth this book realy is a cut above the rest. With chapters covering all the fundamentals and some advanced materials and techniques into the bargin. IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MAX 3 GET IT NOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for all MAX artists, 30 Oct 2000
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX R3 in Depth (Exam Cram) (Paperback)
A well written book that covers a wide variety of topics. Aimed at the intermediate user, the instructions are sufficiently detailed to help newer artists, yet provide enough detail and tips to keep experienced users happy. The tutorials on Patch modeling, Skin, and Flex, are especially insightful and will have you character animating in no time!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very comprehensive book, 8 April 2000
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX R3 in Depth (Exam Cram) (Paperback)
It is the most comprehensive book in 3d animation software I ve ever read and I was a total beginner in 3d studio max R3.I enjoyed learning the program with this extremely well written book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable textbook for a beginner., 24 Jan 2000
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX R3 in Depth (Exam Cram) (Paperback)
Despite the book being called In-Depth I have found this a very informative book, and I am a total beginner with this software. Unlike 3D SMax - Fundamentals, this book is quite chatty in its narrative style and engages the reader much better. Having tried and failed with the Fundamentals book, this book has refreshed my enthusiasm as I have felt like I am now understanding some of the more advanced features like Mesh modelling and lofting (they are advanced to me anyway).

3D Studio MAX R3 in Depth (Exam Cram)
3D Studio MAX R3 in Depth (Exam Cram) by Creative Professional Press (Paperback - Oct 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01