5.0 out of 5 stars An enlightening book for those earnestly seeking God, 18 Feb 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Breaking of the Outer Man and Release of the Spirit (Paperback)
This book explains that to fully experience the presence of God, we need to be broken in the inner man. That it is essential for the will to conform to God's will, and that it is in obedience and submission to the authority of God that we can truly know him. Although a fairly short book of just 116 pages. I found it to be a helpful and interesting book which gave insight into the way God uses man in authority over his people, to teach them submission.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Nee book!, 6 Aug 2000
This book is one which explains the breaking process we go through as christians, without leaving us frustrated. Nee is careful at the end to point out that we cannot in any way, imitate this process in our lives. He also shows how natural meekness can be just as much, a hindrance to the spirit. A brilliant book altogether!
C. Horn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Restoring our eyes on the author and finisher of our faith, 16 Nov 2001
As a Christian we can get so caught up in wanting to be 'ready' for God 'to use us' - that our frustration and attempts at false humility tie us in more knots than ever! This book allows us to understand that it is God who completes the good work that He started - without making you feel overly relaxed about the whole thing! I would be suprised if you read this book and didnt see yourself somewhere between the lines!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Revelation, 26 Dec 2009
I have read this book more than once and each time it takes me to the place were I need to understand the work of the spirit and the flesh. Like one of the other reviews it explains why we cannot attain to the higher level in God without mastering the outer man or the flesh. It transformed my life, when you begin to operate in the spirit nothing else do, you will know when your spirit is not in line with the spirit of truth. This is an amazing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Nee book!, 6 Aug 2000
This book is one which explains the breaking process we go through as christians, without leaving us frustrated. Nee is careful at the end to point out that we cannot in any way, imitate this process in our lives. He also shows how natural meekness can be just as much, a hindrance to the spirit. Not a "how to" book, but great insight. A brilliant book altogether!
C. Horn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convicting, 24 Nov 2010
This one of the most challenging books that I have ever read. It has to be a priority for all serious disciples of the Lord Jesus, as it deals with the key issue of how we can we changed by His Spirit to become more like Him. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshed and renewed!, 21 Jun 2013
Read this book about 20yrs ago and it answered so many of the questions I had about what I was going through on my then Christian journey. If you are hungry for God and you are going through a refining season, read it and be released or at least gain some understanding of the situation you find yourself in and why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs J Sandiford, 7 May 2013
Mrs. J. Sandiford "Bible Lover" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It spoke to my heart, highlighted areas in my life that I thought were "okay" and have since discovered were off track. A very deep and meaningful piece of writing. There are parts of the book that apply so clearly to my life that I have to re-read certain parts ie. "Breaking and Discpline (all kinds of dealings)" before feeling able to move onto the next chapter. Very good book if you truly desire to be used by God.

5.0 out of 5 stars :D, 28 Feb 2013
Great insight into God's workings and man's heart.
Challenging. . . . . . . . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the outstanding spiritual classics of the 20th century, 13 April 2014
Deep insight into human nature and the working relationship between God and man

A classic that will repay years of study

Breaking of the Outer Man and Release of the Spirit
Breaking of the Outer Man and Release of the Spirit by Watchman Nee (Paperback - Jun 1997)
5.58