5.0 out of 5 stars Hands really are not for hitting
We brought this for our 2 1/2 yo when he start hitting other children - we read it to him as his morning book each day after a week he really took it on board and now if (and he has barely hit anyone since) he hits at all we tell him Hands Are Not for Hitting and he apologises straight away - seems to be a good learning tool
Published on 23 Dec. 2009 by Sue

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible twos
I've used this book and the 'Biting' book for a 'time out' read with a pre school child with a few hitting/biting problems - I think it helped although it is written in an American style which I can find a little irritating.
Published on 23 Oct. 2010 by MrsQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands really are not for hitting, 23 Dec. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars great for early years, 23 April 2013
Mr. B. Powley "Ben" (Norfolk England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
this book is fantastic for early years settings, i work in a preschool and read this book to the children all the time, it gets the message across and the bright pictures keep the children's attention, even the 2 year old's understand the 'hands are not for hitting'

5.0 out of 5 stars fun AND helpful, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
My two year old had a habit of hitting if things weren't quite right, and whilst recognising it's quite normal at this age, I wanted a way of showing her that it isn't right. The book makes its point without being too heavy, and is simple enough and interesting enough to make it fun to read. I would say that it has really helped too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible twos, 23 Oct. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Language repetitive so easy for him to pick up, 30 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
Used for my ASD Son to learn him not to hit. Language repetitive so easy for him to pick up. After a meltdown I say 'hands are...' he will say 'not for hitting' so he understood quickly with this book.Although he still hits he's getting the understanding that it is wrong and its more about his language than stopping the behaviour because he still feels anger very strongly and finds it difficult to stop in that instance but later when the anger has subsided he can think about what he's done and say sorry and we can revisit it in his language now. So its a long process putting the dots together but the book has got us on the right path. School are also using the phrasing in this book also to help with the issue. Also the 'keeping safe' phrase I use when out and about and holding hands together.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an expensive wee book but..., 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
My son was going through the hitting stage didnt start till he was 3! He by hits me (mummy) when he gets frustrated but I wanted to nip it in the bud. It's fine it's basic and only really for 2.5 and under

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
This could be better, nice idea but execution is a little disappointing, very little in it to engage a small child but is a useful prompt to try and get the message through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever idea - big help for parents, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
Really good book. I like that it reinforces about 3 to four positives each time it says hands are not for hitting. It helps to get the message across to toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy mummy, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
Stopped my little guy from hitting a lot he still does it sometimes but not nearly as much makes me a very happy mummy

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
Very good value. This book is simple for pre-school children to understand. It's repetitive and the pictures are eye catching too.

Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior)
Hands are Not for Hitting (Best Behavior) by Martine Agassi (Board book - 30 Jun. 2005)