5.0 out of 5 stars For children - a simple, helpful guide, 17 May 2010
This review is from: The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD (Paperback)
This is a great little book for helping children and students understand what ADHD is and how they can manage it. Funnily enough, some children are never told exactly what their diagnosis means and they go through school life just telling everyone they are ADHD and that's why they behave the way they do. This little book has enough information in it to explain to them what's going on and what can help, without all the biological and psychological detail that you get in every other ADHD book. Very simple, very easy to understand and digest.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 9 year old loves this book, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD (Paperback)
My son is 9 years old and was diagnosed with ADHD at 8 years old. After years of frustration we now know why the way he is. This book was fantastic for him to understand his condition. All I heard was giggling when he was reading. Would definitely recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars A ten year is loving this book, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD (Paperback)
Bought as possible Adhd diagnosis looming - too old for my six year old but will be handy later!
Lent it to my friend and her 10 year old Aspergers & ADHD son loves this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet time understanding, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 11 yr old. I wanted him to understand his ADHD in the hope that it might help him learn to manage his symptoms and hopefully help build his self esteem. We read a chapter together when we can. It's not a long book but I do feel it is a book that we can read over and over to set the foundations of understanding..

5.0 out of 5 stars ADHD, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD (Paperback)
The book is very helpful to both me and my son, it was refreshing to hear the views coming from kids who deal with issues day to day. It is hard as a parent to understand, yes the teachers tell you what is happening, the problems, but it is hard to know what that situation looks like through the eyes of your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for kids with ADHD, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD (Paperback)
Really great book for explaining ADHD and lots of tips. Split into really short chapters which is brilliant for the kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening read, 22 July 2012
A good read. Enlightening for adults good coping techniques for kids. Well worth the read. Not sure if the quiz at the end of the sections are needed. I think the text itself was enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 Jan 2013
I work in a primary school helping a child with ADHD. This book has given me a better understanding of how he must be feeling. It has also made me realise that maybe I have been a little to hard on him sometimes! I will definitely be passing the ideas on to help the class teacher and parents!
Every school should have a copy of this book!x

4.0 out of 5 stars Great help, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD (Paperback)
Very good book, child friendly, i could read it with my son.

It was laid out in a fun way too, few pictures too.

Thoroughly recommend as a first start to approach the subject with your child

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for adults and kids, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD (Paperback)
I bought this book to read myself initially before giving to my 8 year old. This is a very easy to read and understand book, highlights lots of traits of ADHD and great tips on how to manage them. I would recommend this book not just for those who have been diagnosed with ADHD but for kids that show some of the traits, you recognise and realise how you act and react to situations affects your child and has positive or negative impact. ADHD children are not naughty - their behaviour can be naughty - there is a difference - and how you explain that to your child has a huge impact on their self esteem.

The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD
The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD by John Taylor (Paperback - 14 Sep 2006)
Used & New from: 3.00