5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!
We bought this book for our 18 month old son who can be a little over-zealous with his nashers and fists! So far, so good.

Published on 9 Feb. 2009 by Cake Obsessed

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures, bit boring...
Good pictures and clear words to try to teach your toddler not to bite. "Story" is a bit rubbish though, I felt it could rhyme or have more interest in it.
Published 10 months ago by Mrs Stacey Preston

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, 9 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)

He has immediately taken to the book and often pulls it out of his book shelf for us to read together. It is colourful, clearly illustrated and robustly made. It shows that biting is not nice and gives altenatives for him to do - such as chew on a toy, have a drink, have a hug, or simply smile.

This morning he even showed the book to his grandma, bit his own finger and then shook his head.

We have ordered 'hands are not for hiting' so let's hope we get some success with that too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 12 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
I struggled with my son for a year (from 18 months to 2 1/2 years) with a biting problem - it was so bad that going near children in a supermarket was anxious.

I had a friend who had discovered this book and bought it for me. I have to say, it has helped immensely! It took a while to engage him in it, but after a few weeks of pulling it out every day, he got it! He's been over the problem for 6 months now, and still wants to read it before bed. He loves to state the phrase, 'Teeth are not for biting, they are SMILING!'

I am now smiling and attending playgroup again!

I even went on to buy the other books in the range for hands and feet. For a 3 year old, he is very aware that any negative contact with other children, all thanks to this book. I feel it's the best way to help our little ones find their feet :)

5.0 out of 5 stars if you have a toddler who bites others..., 6 Sept. 2006
Mrs. F. Auty "frances auty" (glasgow, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
then i highly recommend this book. All the advice for parents suggests there are lots of reasons that kids bite and i'm not sure whether my son just had a sore mouth or was frustrated, all i know was how embarrassed i was when he bit his friends and how painful it was when he bit me. i used this book as part of his time out 'punishment' and the advice at the back at the book was brief and to the point. i think other mums also appreciated that we were clearly doing all we could to resolve the problem. so far, so good, although he's now 2 and half and the last of the back molars are now through. it's certainly worth giving it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars This worked!, 26 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
If you're buying this, you have a bitey pre-schooler. This really, really worked for ours when all else failed. It didn't give him a massive reaction, it didn't mean a long lecture so he switched off. It appealed to his better nature in a non-confrontational way, and he stopped. Job done. Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bright pictures, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
I bought this for my 3 year old who started biting when he went to nursery I read it to him every time he bit within a Few days he new most of the words and could read along nice bright pictures to gives tips for a teething baby to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for explanations, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
Really good book as my little boy has decided that biting is a good way to express his emotions. Simply put and easy to understand, would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for my two that bite occasionally., 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
I bought this book after my son bit another child at nursery, I have twins and they have bitten each other at times but nothing too bad but I really didn't want them biting other children. We read this and my two year olds (and a month) understood it and talked about it after. It talks about not biting when another child bites you, and when you're tired or angry but not when you love someone so much that you bite them as a way of showing emotions, which is what my son seems to do. Overall its been helpful and was worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
Briliant book. Have used it with an autistic child with excellent results. So good am buying more from the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 July 2011
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
This book is brilliant! It's helped my 3yr old to understand that biting hurts which is wot I've bin trying to tell him for ages. It's very much part of our bedtime reading through his own choice not mine. He now does the biting actions but says 'no mummy - hurts', which is brillant to hear!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) (Board book)
I bought this book for a friend who's child had started biting other children & there self,it solved the issue in less than a week & the child can even re-site some of the book from memory for example: Teeth are not for biting, they are for smiling with!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior)
Teeth are Not for Biting (Best Behavior) by Elizabeth Verdick (Board book - 1 Jun. 2003)