5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book for Beginners
Published on 12 Mar. 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars Dead material, too much of too little, but good overview.
Published on 29 Jun. 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Dead material, too much of too little, but good overview., 29 Jun. 1999
This review is from: Dynamic Web Publishing Unleashed (Paperback)
Book suffers from the "lets try to cover it all in one book" syndrome. So you get too much of too little plus a lot of good space is wasted discussing things nobody uses. Lack of the ability to cut in the copyediting room. Great for an overview of major web development tools. Not great on getting a practical overall picture of what works and what does not with each tool. You could easily waste time using the wrong stuff.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing CSS but quite a work overall, 7 Jun. 1998
This review is from: Dynamic Web Publishing Unleashed (Paperback)
The book was one of my favorites for information on HTML but I found it quite confusing when comes to CSS. The things should have been better explained. Not having a CD is a serious minus - I spend more than an hour to find and download the source for the book (MCM constantly changing sites). I would recommend the book as a decent reference and way beyond "Dynamic Web Programming"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book for Beginners, 12 Mar. 1998
This review is from: Dynamic Web Publishing Unleashed (Paperback)
I am a beginner in programming HTML and JavaScript, but not in computer science at all. So for me it was important to find a book which covers all - HTML, Java, JavaScript, CGI, StyleSheets, but not on a level which tell me, what a computer is or whow to write programs. So I am very happy with this book, although I am missing some "in depth information" in some chapters.

Dynamic Web Publishing Unleashed
Dynamic Web Publishing Unleashed by Various (Paperback - 18 Dec. 1997)
Usually dispatched within 10 to 12 days