Format: PaperbackChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 February 2015
**US terminology - conversion to UK table on page 6**

I've been having a lot of crochet success by breaking down written patterns and rearranging as a bullet list. So much easier to stay on track especially if I use a metal easel and magnetic ruler to work through reformatted patterns. But this collection (6 truly scrumptious doilies) is going to be quite the challenge - the cover doily has four pages of pattern steps, another has five and a half - BEFORE I reformat the pattern into easier to follow 'one stitch per bullet point' form!

The stitches used include the basics+double treble and post, used in combination to form shells, V, clusters, picot, and more. All are worked in rounds. Again, all of these are doable if the crocheter takes his/her time.

The booklet is 34 pages long. The first two are colour plates with (numbered, whew!) big colour photos of three doilies, the next five give general information, and stitch instruction and illustration. Then it's onto the patterns from page eight through 32 with the last two pages presenting the remaining two doilies in all their glory. The back cover shows all six. Of the six, one is called easy but none of the patterns have ratings, the `easy' mention is the caption on the photo of the `easy' doily. Lol, that one has three pages of instruction - define `easy', Leisure Arts! I consider myself an advanced beginner to beginning intermediate crocheter and would say this book is challenging.

Still, for all my moaning this is a 5* crochet pattern book and I'm glad I have it. I'm looking forward to getting past Rd4 on the `easy' doily☺
on 11 November 2011
Another great publication from leisure arts,without errors in printing as I have come to expect.Not the most inspired of their publications but I have 2000+ so probably being critical :-} All said though,great little book,great size to put into a craft bag on the move or on holiday,and not dissapointed that I bought it.Have bought far far worse than this in the past for a lot more money!!!
on 27 September 2015
Great little book, very well written and easy to understand. A few projects included.
on 11 June 2015
these are lovely doilies not too difficult nice results
on 9 February 2015
Thank u, not all what I want but is ok
on 22 March 2015
thanks my mom loves this
on 9 August 2015
Good book very helpful
on 27 April 2014
This little book looks great on the cover ... however there are pages missing inside and therefore it is quite useless because the patterns are only half there!Can you please contact the publisher and let them know?
on 13 January 2014
Nice for my dob I always nite somthing now for my student and my shelf so I bay meny books her in amazon strong servis is good for my.