Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 September 2006
The book has designs for several ladies all wearing bonnets which cover their faces - a great idea if (like me) your embroidered faces don't end up looking human. The patterns are clear, easy to copy, and parts like arms, hats, and other accessories are interchangeable. A lovely little book, the instructions for making quilt blocks with fabric quantities for each design is clearly given. Its easy to use the basic idea for needleworking of various kinds based on these lovely patterns. I love her ideas as the designs are versatile and can be translated into 3D pictures quite easily. The only limit is your imagination and possibly your fabric/thread scrap box. Well worth buying even if you don't actually make a quilt.
review image
on 18 March 2008
I love this book - clear instructions, good ideas and easy-to-trace templates. The patterns are lovely and very versatile. Can't wait to get started on some bonnet girls!
on 16 February 2007
I love this book! The illustrations are super and instructions very clear. It is a joy just to browse through. Designs like these are sure to carry the Bonnet Girls forward for many more years.
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2009
I loved this book and i used it to do my own version using bondaweb rather than needle turn. I would be great for anyone beginner included
on 11 January 2013
Book contains many lovely pictures and I am very pleased to have it. Now I have to find the time to carry out the work.
on 1 January 2013
This book was exactly what i wanted , I have done three of the patterns they turned out lovely very pleased
on 18 August 2015
I bought the Sunbonnet Sue book earlier this year and found it so easy to follow. I wanted something for the next generation and ordered the Bonnet Girls. I couldn't wait to get started and have already completed one design. These books are truly inspirational.
on 5 March 2015
I loved the bonnet girls have made one and I am on my second ,also have sorted out a third .
They look good in a frame,they are addictive ,all my sewing friends think they are great
My only complaint is that you didn't put in what fabric you needed for the smaller ladies ,as the lace sizes were much to big ,people who are just learning would struggle
on 25 September 2015
Absolutely wonderful have started my first one after clearing a backlog of many other projects as all quilters have to do from time to time will we ever catch up Then again while we have a want we have a reason for living and at the age of eighty I want to live to at least a hundred. Elizabeth Hooper. Xx
on 7 May 2016
what can i say to this book everyone should buy this book one thing i do love is to buy a book and you dont need to enlarge the patterns.what a treat to buy a book like that. its a very colourfull book. if you but it your see for your self.