Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 May 2014
This product could do with a bit more information on the Amazon website. I thought I was buying an idea book to show me how to create abstract doodles. It is actually a colouring book with one-page designs on perforated paper with the back of each page left blank. There are some nice designs in it, but if I had known that it was just a colouring book, I wouldn't have bought it. I think I got more out of Joanne Fink's free YouTube videos than this book. I am more than a little disappointed.

In hindsight, I should have checked the reviews on the Amazon.com site. There are always a lot more reviews on there than here and sometimes more product information as well.
on 28 January 2014
A good booklet/book to use to develop ideas for embroidery in your sketch book. I would have found this useful as a teaching aid when I was at work. Useful to have on the book shelf
on 10 April 2015
I'm a sucker for zentangle books and as I'm doing a course in abstract art I thought this book would be ideal. What a waste of money - the book consists of full page drawings of zentangles, some of which are OK or interesting, some not. What to do with them?- colour them in? copy in smaller versions.? If the latter why not have them in small versions to start with? Probably to do with filling the book and nothing else. One page showing basic patterns. If I were just starting to do zentangles I wouldn't know where to start with these complicated - and BIG - patterns. there are much better books on the market, look for them.
on 14 January 2016
There seems to be no end of things you can draw using the Zentangle system - and this is another one. I love this way of creating art - using their basic guidelines you can do what you like, really, and produce something very original.
on 21 January 2016
I was disappointed as this is just a colouring book, not what I was expecting after trying the 6 week course. I was hoping for more patterns to try
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2014
Great colouring book. Haven't enjoyed myself so much with a colouring book since I was a child. Some lovely designs
on 11 December 2014
Disappointing as not a lot of in depth content. Quite basic really ok if you want to start somewhere on an easy level
on 25 July 2015
I do love this book - a great inspiration
on 13 June 2015
I need to doodle like Joanne does.
on 20 June 2015