5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected depth, 21 Sept. 2013
Colin Grant (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
For many years I was turned off the Lord's prayer, as something chanted in a meaningless way in Sunday Schools and church services. More recently I came to understand it as a template for the sort of prayers we should be offering up to God, but still didn't rate it much.
This book was strongly recommended by a preacher I respect, so obediently I bought a copy. Not only does Darrell Johnson revolutionise the meaning behind the 57 words that Jesus used to teach his disciples to pray, but he brings unexpected depth to each line that still has me thinking about the greatness of our loving God, and the relationship he has with his son.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lord's Prayer, 27 Feb. 2013
How can there be yet another book about the Lord's Prayer? Surely all that could be written has been done already, yet Darrell Johnson had every reason to write this book, but he doesn't give it away till the last chapter. (No peeping!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, 3 Nov. 2014
Sharon Goddard (England) - See all my reviews
Great book. I really helped me understand the importants of the Lord's Prayer. I'm not keen on the heavy read, so this book was a delight for me as I could understand what it was saying. A book I recommend.

Fifty-Seven Words That Change the World: A Journey Through the Lord's Prayer