5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasing compilation of Marion Woodman's ideas.
Published on 11 Jun 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully produced book , but with reservations
Published on 19 Dec 2010 by Esme Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasing compilation of Marion Woodman's ideas., 11 Jun 1998
By A Customer
This book makes more accessible many of Marion Woodman's ideas, observations and stories found in her previous books and audiocassettes. Jill Mellick has sensitively gathered Marion's words, organized them by topic, and formatted them in a pleasing visual style, adding her own watercolor illustrations. This is not a book to sit down and read from cover to cover; rather it is best used for dipping into, perhaps at random, perhaps as a starting point for daily meditation. Readers do not need to be familiar with Marion's other books to enjoy these extracts, but may find they wish to look further at her work after this taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful way of bringing images into daily meditation, 28 Oct 1998
By A Customer
marion woodman and jill mellick have brought so many of marion's finest writings into one place, so that we can benefit from the imagery and wisdom of this wonderful woman....i highly recommend this to anyone interested in bringing images, dreams and spirit into daily life

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily food for my soul!, 29 Oct 1998
By A Customer
I've opened this book from my desk at work, at a stoplight in the car, by candle light in the bathtub, walking in the rain for coffee on a Saturday morning. Each time a passage speaks to me and soothes my soul. I've read passages over several times, sometimes getting a bit of a different meaning as I personalize it. The pages are dogeared, tagged with post-it notes, and many of the passages have been shared with friends and family to engage introspective discussions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coming Home to myself, 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: Coming Home to Myself: Daily Reflections for a Woman's Body and Soul (Paperback)
ISBN:978-1-57324-566-1
I bought this book recently to help me to focus on the feminine aspect of myself as a part of my self development. I have found it a real Gem of a book and have grown very attached to it. The contents are so inspiring and challenging makes me stop and listen to myself, how I view what I think, how I describe, how I feel about my self. I would reccomend this book to women who genuinely want to explore and come to know themselves more deeply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coming Home to Myself, 7 Jan 2010
M. Squires (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
A beautifully crafted book to read from cover to cover or dip into for inspiration. Each quote resonates at different times on different levels. A gift to women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 12 May 2013
This is an amazing book. So many insights and words of depth and wisdom. This is turning into a favourite to deep into before sleep!

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully produced book , but with reservations, 19 Dec 2010
In view of the blurb which claimed half a million previous readers for the author I had high hopes for this book when I bought it. I was disappointed. In spite of it being breautifully presented -- wonderfully evokative watercolur images -- I found very little in the text to get my teeth into. It added nothing to what I already knew for myself, and wondered exactly who it was aimed at. The poetry was nice enough, but if I'd wanted poetry I'd have chosen to explore writers who dedicate themselves to this exciting and difficult art. Poets who have something of depth or challenge, or those who lift the spirits with some light-hearted wit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really loved the style, 4 Jan 2014
I found it helpful and useful to dip into I have not finished it yet though am sure it will be with me for sometime.

Coming Home to Myself: Daily Reflections for a Woman's Body and Soul