5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken and the Egg time
Published on 11 April 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars This was a GREAT book but.....
This was a great book! It was filled with action and suspense. If I hadn't seen the Pilot episode I would have constantly been guessing what was gonna happen next. The only problem I found was that the author used the wrong character's name for stuff sometimes. That detracted from the book quality.
Published on 16 Jun. 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken and the Egg time, 11 April 1999
This review is from: Sliders (Mass Market Paperback)
I can't recommend this book enough! It's just so well written. If I didn't know this novel was based on the tv series pilot script, I'd have thought that the show was based on this book! I love Sliders, it's my favorite show. I have yet to see the premiere episode, but this book surpassed all of my expectations and I look forward to seeing more Sliders novels from this author. It left me nostalgic for the first three seasons of the show (currently rerun on the sci-fi channel), especially now that the cast has suffered a major change/loss. Jerry O'Connell has left the show, and so has Charlie. Of the original ensemble, only Derricks (Rembrandt Brown) remains. Let's face it, they should have just ended the show and moved on to the big screen, like Star Trek. I wish good luck to the new cast members, but it's just not going to be the same show anymore, even with Maggie and Remmy's presence. I hope author Brad Linaweaver will write other excellent novels featuring the original cast. And just because Arturo died in one world, it doesn't mean he has to be dead in all worlds. Think about it. ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sliders -- Best of all worlds!, 3 Mar. 1997
This review is from: Sliders (Mass Market Paperback)
Although, occasionally, the author writes the wrong name of a character in the sentences he is using (Example: using Quinn's name when he should have used Arturo's), the book itself is quite a find. It's interesting, hurmorous, spellbinding, and keeps you from wanting the story to end. Best of all, despite the numerous differences, it can't help but bring to mind Richard Bach's "ONE". Thumbs up all around for this gem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sliders: The Novel..................WOW! Great read., 16 May 1998
This review is from: Sliders (Mass Market Paperback)
How can I put it...well this novel is GREAT! I am a fan of the TV show but hadn't seen the pilot episode, which this book is based on so I bought the book and WOW! The author still is in his early days but the book made your heart pound every second. A must read for fans of the TV show and sci-fi fans alike. Can't wait for the sequel!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Novel ever writen!!!!, 10 Jun. 1998
This review is from: Sliders (Mass Market Paperback)
I had only watched about five episodes of sliders before I read this . And let me tell you that this book has got it all. Suspense, Excitment, Thrills, inside jokes and anyhting else that you can think of. This is a TOTALLY MUST READ for all sliders hooked or not. It is, how do you say DA BOMB!!

3.0 out of 5 stars This was a GREAT book but....., 16 Jun. 1998

4.0 out of 5 stars Not literature, but still a decent read..., 3 Mar. 1997
This review is from: Sliders (Mass Market Paperback)
I like the TV show, but never saw the pilot episode, upon which this book is based. Brad Linaweaver sprinkled all sorts of libertarian ideas through the book, which made the book much more interesting than if he had just rehashed the script and done nothing else. Most of these references are quite subtle, and it is likely that many readers (and probably the publishers/editors) failed to pick up on them. The plot, of course, concerns the quartet of interdimensional travelers featured at 8:00 PM on Friday nights on Fox. In this book, the Sliders land on an earth where history diverged from what we know and the Soviets control America.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for slider fans, 30 Aug. 1999
This review is from: Sliders (Mass Market Paperback)
This book captures the magic of the first two episodes. It is very unusual that a book and a TV series are almost identical. Little know facts that appeared on TV as a blur can be reviewed at length. Hats off to the author and let there be a Season six!

Sliders
Sliders by Brad Lineweaver (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Dec. 1996)
Used & New from: £2.59