5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous artwork

Published 1 month ago by Tailspinner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous artwork, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
I've tried to use a default Lenormand deck for years, never could relate to it, it didnt's 'speak' to me at all. Then I saw this deck, wow! The colours are so warm, the artwork is gorgeous making these cards very accessible to me. Finally it's a joy to get my Lenormand cards out! The only downside so far is practical: they're so smooth that they easily slip out whilst shuffling. I've had them end up on the floor several times now. But I like the cards so much, I still rate them with 5 stars.
I love the box they come in, hardcover, opens on the side and which has a magnet in it to close it. Very easy, practical and the box will probably last quite long without falling apart/getting damaged (always annoys me when that happens, so to me this is a big plus, lol)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations, 21 Jan. 2014
Charmian "Glass Bead" (Farnham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
This must be the most beautiful deck I have ever seen, really magical. This is a 36 card deck, so not traditional tarot. It's in a lovely box, the 48 page booklet fits in on top of the cards inside. The interpretations are very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely deck, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
I waited impatiently for this deck to arrive. I have several of his tarot decks so I knew these would be great. I was not disappointed, the pictures were great and the card stock was very good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
I love everything about these cards.
The quality is great. They are thick, well laminated and have a great sheen with gold around the edges. They are so glossy that they reflect the light. They have brilliant colours and are quite vivid. The images are stunning and absorbent, like they want to transport you to a centuries old reality. This is a period deck.
As for size, they measure 10,4 cm high and 7,1 cm wide. The cards have an ethereal feel and are intuitive.
They come in a hard sturdy box with a magnetic clasp. With this box, i don't even need to buy a velvet bag for them.
It's a great edition by US Games Systems Inc.
The little white book has detailed interpretations including some combinations. Very well written and very good.
However, i would not recommend this to a beginner, since the cards do not have their name printed on them. Also, there are some cards that were given different names, like the Garden that is called the Park or the Road that was renamed as Choice or even the Rod that is now Birch/Broom.
I would recommend the Blue Owl Lenormand first or the Cartamundi Lenormand (both available at AGM - tarot world) and then this one, which one of the most beautiful Lenormand decks ever produced.

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive Deck, But Room For Improvement, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
Lenormand oracle cards are gaining in popularity and a variety of versions with diverse artwork to suit differing tastes are now available. If your preference is for rich colours, contemporary imagery, and a glossy finish, then the Gilded Reverie Lenormand most likely will meet your requirements. However, there are some features I feel are worth pointing out. Unfortunately in the deck I purchased several of the cards have slightly raised burrs along the edges, which detract from the tactile pleasure one should experience when handling any deck of cards. My irrational impulse is to rub the edges smooth with a nail file, which clearly is not a good idea at all. I am afraid I shall have to live with this minor nuisance and hope that frequent use will eventually soften the edges.

As to the artwork, the Gilded Reverie Lenormand is largely faithful to traditional Lenormand imagery. There are two exceptions, however: Number 1 card, “The Horseman” has been replaced with a young lady riding a fairground carousel horse, and card 22 “The Crossroads” depicts an ascending staircase diverging near the top. My own preference is that the traditional images should have been retained, but that is a subjective point and I am sure that on the whole the Gilded Reverie Lenormand will have its devotees.

Finally, it might be worth mentioning that I spent a couple of minutes trying to open the box in the same way one would slide open a matchbox, only to discover that the box actually has a raised lid which is fastened along one edge by a concealed magnetic strip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality modern Lenormand Deck, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
I was blown away when I got these cards. At last a Lenormand deck that is printed on high quality card, gilded and comes in a sturdy box to keep them safe. The artwork by Ciro keeps getting better, these are such vibrant and magical images which really bring the Lenormand to life but without making it to modern that it loses anything. As someone who was lucky enough to get the original limited edition deck before it was published I do think it would have been nice to at least give us an extra man and woman card for questions concerning someone of the same sex. This was in the original deck. This deck has raised the bar for Lenormand artists as this system continues to grow in popularity.

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning lenormand. Love this deck., 26 May 2014
kezza smith (chesterfield, derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
A beautiful deck x . It comes in a sturdy box for storing the cards Just like his other decks the artcand imagary are amazing. If you enjoy lenormand this deck would be a stunning addition to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it!, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
Such a beautiful deck! The manufacturing is beyond what I was expecting. The golden borders and nice hardcover packaging makes the the best deck I have owned so far. Ciro Marchetti made a fantastic display of his artwork, totally worth having it.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality product, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
Beautiful art work, bright vivid colours and excellent finishing. Extras you would not expect at this price: gilded edges, high gloss, sturdy cards and unusual strong box with magnetic fastener. Delighted with product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these cards, 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Hardcover)
Love these cards, I have had them for a some months, as normally I use the 78 card tarot but decided to see how I got on with the Lenormand , and chose these, they are beautiful to look at, easy to learn and so far have given me accurate readings. They come in a pretty box with a booklet and they are small enough that I can carry them with me in my handbag! I would recommend this deck to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Gilded Reverie Lenormand
Gilded Reverie Lenormand by Ciro Marchetti (Hardcover - 10 Dec. 2013)