4.0 out of 5 stars Beauitful deck

Published on 8 Sep 2010 by Cinnamon Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Beauitful deck, 19 Dec 2009
S. Fionda (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
The artwork on this deck is truly outstanding and the attention to detail is amazing. The main reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5 is if you really want to study it you'll need a magnifying glass to do so or you'll miss a great deal of the details. Loosely based on the Rider Waite it would be better for someone slightly more advanced than new to tarot, but with a little imagination and the help from the LWB it will give a great read to any level reader.
I do love this deck to bits and recommend it to anyone that would like to add light hearted and thought provoking whimsy to their tarot collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautifull tarot deck I've seen, 21 Dec 2009
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
I am keen on tarot and have been doing my readings using the Raider Waite deck. However, when I saw this one on Paulina's site I fell in love with it and had to buy it. It is sooooo beautifull! A true source of inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paulina Tarot, 14 May 2009
E. M. Weston - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
Beautiful tarot pack to work with, amazing detail, each card a little work of art but still easy to read, a real joy to use this pack and now into the second printing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning artwork, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
The art work on this dec is gorgeous! Beautiful, flowing pictures that give the deck a real possative vibe! Really impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, finely detained deck, 23 Sep 2010
James Battersby (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
Paulina Cassidy has done a great job with this tarot deck. You'll find new things in each card every time you view it, due to it being packed with various illustrations...must've taken her ages to do!

The artwork is very whimsical and interesting. It is painted beautifully and as an artist myself working on the King's journey tarot deck, i have to say, the art work in each card appealed to me. I believe the artworks are watercolour paintings and the print quality really brings out the fine, delicate line work in each painting, adding to the reason why you would want this deck. It is very finely detailed with all manner of images. If you won't take my word for it, do some research online!

James

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Artwork, 8 Sep 2010
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
I love the artwork on this deck, but I find it all a bit too fine detailed to do readings with. Unless you have extremely good eyesight, I think a lot of the details will be lost. I'm a middleaged woman with varifocals -so maybe it's just me. :) Obviously if you know the meanings of the cards, you can do a reading, but I love looking at individual cards for inspiration and I found this deck to be too "whispy" and very much over complicated with the pen & ink type drawings. I will use them from time to time - but I think I'd much rather frame them and admire the artwork on them. They are beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Intuitive, friendly and deep, 24 May 2010
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
I saw all of these cards on-line before I bought them. I see many cards that I want but these I really had to have after seeing the art work which really appealed to me. Sometimes you can like the art but they fail to speak to you. When I received these cards, in a way I was disappointed - they appeared darker and less vibrant than I had thought. The images are also in many ways quite different to my regularly used cards (cosmic - very different but equally loved). I also found it difficult to fully see the image when it was laid in a spread - there is much detail drawn in the cards, so I found myself having to pick them up and peer at them. However, over time and use they have become wonderfully familiar and I still am growing with them. I find the cards have a great deal of charm and a wealth of knowledge to release. There are cards to fall in love with - for me some are; The Queen of Wands and the Empress (they both seem self-affirming and vibrant images), as well as the 6 of cups, 10 of cups and many others. There is a nice use of symbolism, there are little rabbits and cats as well as unexpected "creatures". The symbols are very carefully chosen and always make sense. The little white book is the best I have seen to accompany a deck and while it does not tell you everything, there is plenty to go on. Any symbols noticed that are not referred to can be looked up. Often a card can be drawn and attention will just hone in on a snail or other little detail, that before went unnoticed but is particularly relevant for the reading. There is plenty of information to cover all kinds of readings and they can deliver harsher messages in a kinder way.

These cards enabled me to foretell who was going to be the next UK Prime Minister, during the tense time that no one had a clue about - they provided extremely accurate information. I drew 3 cards for each. The last for Cameron was the 6 of wands (triumph - walking away with the prize!). Poor old Mr Brown got the Tower (sudden change, upheaval). As the results unfolded it was rather exciting for me! Another more flippant event the cards foretold was who was going to win the role of Dorothy in the TV show "Over the Rainbow". There was only one possible winner who received the Sun card and I was able to place the other two accurately in order of 2nd and 3rd. I usually use my cards for myself only, to gain insight into situations and rarely to see what may happen. My daughter who has limited time for tarot has been drawn in by the Paulina tarot and uses them sometimes and is beginning to build up a good understanding of them by doing so. I do recommend these cards. They are beautiful to work with and very intuitive. Somehow now I know the cards the difficulties I had seeing some of the images clearly seem to have gone - the images are in-tune with me. Standard meanings do apply to them too, so most how to read tarot books along with the LWB will be plenty to enable you to get wonderful readings with your cards .

5.0 out of 5 stars Paulina Tarot, 23 Feb 2010
Mrs. W. S. Holroyd "Wendy Woozle" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
Truly beautiful cards... an absolute joy. It would be nice to have a more in depth book to accompany these cards, but not completely necessary.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing - but still nice., 19 Sep 2012
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] (Cards)
I have to confess at being a little disappointed with these...

These Cards look beautiful on the Internet, but when I received them, they seemed a bit too faint and light in colour, and WAY too busy with too much going on to really read them in any kind of way in my opinion... They might be nice for a Collector of Tarot Decks for their difference, but I shouldn't imagine they would be much use for serious Reading - they just seem too vague to me... However; I did later discover another Deck by Ms. Cassidy `Joie de Vivre' which were far nicer. (see my Review for those) Don't get me wrong; these are still beautiful, but I simply didn't like them as much...

Includes the usual informative booklet.

Paulina Tarot [With Booklet]
Paulina Tarot [With Booklet] by Paulina Cassidy (Cards - 15 Jan 2009)