Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: CardsChange

on 29 November 2008
I already own the standard Universal Waite (UW) Tarot Deck and decided to purchase the pocket version as the size is more practical, especially if space is limited. The pocket UW is a very nice deck; the cards are a good size (about the same as bridge-sized playing cards) and if you have small hands you will find them easy to handle and shuffle. The finish is not as glossy as the standard UW, but the card stock is of satisfactory quality and fairly well cut. The colours are slightly darker, which gives a new perspective to the images and brings out certain details that may not be as noticeable on the standard deck. I also like the back design, which features a single gold star and some clouds. The pocket UW cards come in a very impressive, solid box that will take all but the most severe of punishments; if only other Tarot decks were similarly housed. The deck can be stored upright in its box and would look nice on a shelf. Overall, I am pleased with this deck and would recommend it as a practical, if slightly inferior quality, alternative deck that you can carry with you at all times.
review image review image
on 5 May 2011
I am now on my second deck of these cards, having worn out the first set completely. I cannot recommend them highly enough. The colours are much brighter than the standard RW deck, which I find wishy washy and dull, (although I used it for years, I would never ever go back to it now). The advantage of the cleaner colours also means the images are clearer, nicer to look at, and easier to read.

As a professional tarot reader, my clients all absolutely love this smaller deck. It is much easier for working with than the standard large, unwieldy cards, which go all over the place whenever someone tries to shuffle them, as they are just too big to fit into your hands. Everyone comments on the neat manageable size.

I often work in limited spaces, on small card tables etc, which makes the larger deck totally impracticle to use, and impossible to spread out successfully. but again the size of these cards is ideal, as is the strong protective box they come in. Total value for money!!
on 3 June 2013
As I like my cards with color, I ordered these and am very disappointed with the quality!! In fact I am appalled!!! They are blurry, the faces and colors are out of focus and outside of lines. to top it off they smell horrible... Unfortunately I won't be able to send them back because mailing them to UK form Italy would cost almost as much as the cards... I wouldn't buy them again, so I can't recommend them to others.
on 18 October 2011
Having read reviews, I came across one that claimed this product should be advoided because of the poor quality box; and having purchased this product i have to agree, the box was poor quality and is literally disintegrating HOWEVER the cards themselves i have found to be of good quality and have taken quite a beating and yet remain in appearance unscathed. In summary the cards themselves are good quality, the colours are vibrant, and the card coating does its job. The box however if not cared for vigilantly will fall apart.
on 23 February 2009
I was delighted when I received this deck they come in a lovely sturdy little box and the cards themselves are beautifuly coloured giving them much more depth ( I already have a rider waite pocket deck which I have used for year's )
They are easy to handle, Im looking forward to using these and enjoying them as much as my previous deck. Worth buying !
on 9 January 2014
I can across these cards as I was looking at The Original Rider Waite Tarot Deck as an option for cards. However after looking at the reviews I saw that people were recommending the above product as the production quality is better and then art has been recoloured so as to give the cards new life. I must admit that the artist in question has done an amazing job, still retaining the vintage feel of the cards, without them being too bold and brassy.

There is no real guidebook that comes with the cards which is unfortunate. However I purchased Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation as the reviews are excellent and I am considering buying The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot as this looks handy.

Overall I really recommend this product. I am a semi newbie to Tarot as I have been using Medicine Woman Tarot Deck, which are lovely but I felt I wanted to dabble in more traditional Tarot. I hope you enjoy this product as much as I do.
on 2 October 2010
Really nice deck. A decent size so the detail is clear, nice bright coulers and good quality card. This was my first deck in my frantic learning tarot must order every deck I can lay my eyes on frenzy and is the one I come back to when trying to learn symbols, get information or require clarity on what the card means to me.

A great deck for beginners if you are looking for one to get you started or a nicely coulerd version of the orginal if you are looking for a replacement deck.
on 18 March 2014
was looking for a simple set of tarot cards, These cards are colourful, bright and an easy way to learn tarot.
Come well presented and are a joy to use , great value too as these types of cards can vary in price but these were a great price and worth every penny Definitely recommend
on 31 March 2014
I bought these rather than an original pack because of the glowing reviews and wasted my money. The colours are weak, washed-out looking and far too big to handle easily. These cards are plain looking and impractical.
on 12 December 2014
Love the size of these cards, l have small hands so very pleased, size 6cms x 9cms. The cards are not overly glossy they have a nice pearly sheen.They follow the original Rider Waite in image and meaning but have been re-coloured by Mary Hansen. l prefer this colouring as its much more alive but not overly bright. l do have the larger Rider Waite cards and find them so drab and uninspiring to work with, due to the wishy washy colour.
These are a lovely little deck which l find very handy to pop in my pocket or bag. All in all glad l bought them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse