5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Little Deck
This is my first Lenormand deck and I discovered it whilst looking for a mini version of The Gilded Tarot, which apparantly doesn't exist!

I am a total convert!

Published on 27 Sep 2010 by Sharon

2.0 out of 5 stars mystical lenormand
very disapointed had exspected the card,s to be bigger Liked the illustration and colour,s

But may be i exspected them to be more authentic when really they are just amusement
Published on 23 Dec 2011 by unis

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Little Deck, 27 Sep 2010
This review is from: Mystical Lenormand Cards: The Fortune Cards of Marie-anne Lenormand (Cards)

I am a total convert!

The Lenormand system itself is a very elegant method of cartomancy whether the objective is "fortune telling" or psychological insight. The symbolism is very intuitive and with only 36 cards, all named, the card meanings are much easier to learn than the Tarot. I would therefore heartily recommend it to anyone who finds themselves constantly struggling to commit the Tarot to memory.

The Mystical Lenormand in particular is stunningly illustrated in a way that "spoke" to me and I connected with, instantly. The artist's style is very bright and clear, but without any "loud" or garish colours - there is a little something owed to Primitvism and he's managed to convey an aesthetic which feels traditional, ancient and yet modern. I find I can't stop gazing at the beautiful pictures - always a good sign I feel, strengthening, as it does, one's insight into the nuances of meaning.

These are small-sized cards which come in a box which is much sturdier than you usually get. I'm not sure if there is a proper term, but it is the kind of box in 2 parts - a base and a lid - made of thick cardboard, rather than the flimsy "envelope" style with folds and flaps. With the small size, this makes it ideal to slip into a pocket or small handbag as is, if like me, you like to keep a deck with you.

The LWB is clearly written and without some of the oddities of translation that sometimes crop up in "foreign" decks - these are Swiss {Lenormand cards are far more widespread and popular on the Continent than in the UK or US}. The format is pretty standard - history, artist and artwork, handling and laying out the cards with sample layouts (favourite Tarot layouts can also be used of course}, the individual card meanings. In short, a very good starting point.

I am pleased as punch with my purchase and would thoroughly recommend the Lenormand system and especially this particular incarnation of it. 36 exquisite little paintings full of insight and understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mystical Magic, 5 April 2010
I loved these cards from the moment I opened them and they read like a dream for me.The pictures on them are fantastic and so colourful too, they seem to speak you. I can't believe their accuracy. I tried daily readings with them but I feel they respond better to more in depth readings. I can't recommend these cards highly enough. I absolutely love them and I'm so glad I discovered and bought them. If you're thinking about buying them then GO GET THEM QUICK!!!!!! A simply wonderful deck. I got them from Amazon.de. There's 36 cards in this deck, but I have just heard they have added another 4 cards that can be bought separately and added to the pack of 36. I plan to get these very soon. I have just edited this to add the name of the other 4 cards......
Card number 37 is for Ancestors, 38 for Spirit Guides, 39 for Power Animals and 40 for Angel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully done!, 18 Oct 2007
Sylvie Steinbach "Sylvie" (Los Angeles CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is one of my favorite Lenormand decks. The 'Harry Potter'style and the details on each picture make these cards lovely and fascinating. It is a collection item but if you want to use it to read people's future, you can! Don't know how? Purchase one of the Lenormand books offered. "The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle" will get you started in no time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bijou cards, 30 May 2013
These really are delightful and simple cards. Beautifully rendered with such detail in gorgeous colours - I find them inspiring and contemplative and easy to learn &/or interpret.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange, 2 April 2014
The cards are quaint. The images are odd. They are the size of regular playing cards (8,9 cm high and 5,7 cm wide).
I don't like the lady and gentleman cards, although the paintings of all the cards are very well executed. The cards are sturdy and thick enough for shuffling.
The technique is very good, but some of the images are strange. Still, they convey the energy surrounding the cards, although i wouldn't recommend them for beginners, since the cards have no names to identify them. Some of them might not be clear. The colours are vivid and the cards have a glossy finish.
The little white book has small divinatory meanings, but very to the point. It's well written and has a section on spreads and another on how to interpret the cards.
It wouldn't be my choice as a first Lenormand deck, but i's good.
For beginners, i would recommend the Blue Owl Lenormand first or the Cartamundi Lenormand (both available at AGM - tarot world). After the beginner stage, i would recommend Gilded Reverie Lenormand, which is one of the most beautiful Lenormand decks ever created, with a great little white book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and unusual, 16 April 2013
This was my first Lenormand deck. With Lenormand, you have to be careful and stick to fairly tight meanings, unlike the free flowing, multi layered symbolism of tarot, so deck designers are presented with a challenge if they want to produce something good to look at as well as to the point. This deck manages it superbly. The cards are exquisite, their lovely images and gorgeous colours unlocking the intuition. Although there is a bit of free interpretation with the pictures, it isn't enough to cloud the basic meanings. I'm now learning to use the playing card inserts so am not using this deck till I have those meanings firmly installed in my memory, but once that's in place, I'll be back to using these as one of my primary decks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lindo baralho, 12 Feb 2013
Gostei muito deste Lenormand Místico. As gravuras são bonitas, delicadas, de muito bom gosto - frente e verso, as cores e os desenhos equilibrados na medida certa, a qualidade do baralho em si é excelente, me inspirou muito todo o conjunto, bastante artístico. O destaque são as próprias gravuras, sem nada para distrair além do número discreto de cada carta e a menção do planeta e da casa astrológica, que só ajuda e não interfere na interpretação do jogo. Recomendo.

2.0 out of 5 stars mystical lenormand, 23 Dec 2011

Mystical Lenormand Cards: The Fortune Cards of Marie-anne Lenormand
Mystical Lenormand Cards: The Fortune Cards of Marie-anne Lenormand by Regula Elizabeth Fiechter (Cards - 5 Nov 2013)