5.0 out of 5 stars A More Revealing Look at the Images
As a tarot reader & instructor, I have used several decks, favoring the Rider-Waite deck for over 10 years. However, the more eye-pleasing coloring of the Universal Waite Tarot has brought out a lot of details that were much more difficult to see in the original deck. I use the deck now in my on-line and in-person tarot workshops and find that the improved...
Published on 21 Mar 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Colourful but loses the line of the Original
I have not been studying Tarot long, but I have been an artist for very very long....
These cards are immediately very pretty and bright and the card backs are adorned with a delightful gold on lapis blue starry design.
The images on the cards themselves are derived from Pamela Coleman Smith's orginals and appear to have been redrawn (traced?)with a much finer...
Published on 12 Jun 2012 by PenFriend

4.0 out of 5 stars love them, 23 Feb 2009
This review is from: Universal Waite Pocket Tarot Cards (Cards)
I was delighted when I received this deck they come in a lovely sturdy little box and the cards themselves are beautifuly coloured giving them much more depth ( I already have a rider waite pocket deck which I have used for year's )
They are easy to handle, Im looking forward to using these and enjoying them as much as my previous deck. Worth buying !

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and complex. How will you read yours., 4 May 2010
G. Dixon (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
When I got interested in the Tarot, I searched through Amazon to read the reviews on the various decks. I chose this deck as my first and also got a couple of books on the subject. Also, I watched one of the Psychic channels on Sky. It seemed a no brainer to get a Rider Waite deck.

As a beginner, I had to take in what others said. So, I got the Universal Rider Waite and instantly felt that I was handling something special. The images are simple and easy to look at, yet they hold so many hidden symbols (long time readers know this already). Beginners like myself would be wise to get a couple of books on the Tarot to get a bit of a history to the meanings and symbols. I am finding the Tarot fascinating insightful,and strangely comforting.

I find the card stock quality is excellent. They are glossy and have a peaceful back of the card, gold stars on a dark blue background. I find them easy to shuffle, sometimes they do stick together, but I just wipe every card between my hands when this happens, sorted.

At the moment I have the beautiful The Pictorial Key Tarot/Tarot de La Clave Pictorica [With Instructions] from Lo Scarabeo and the Vision Quest Tarot Deckcards, I love each set, but am more drawn towards the Universal Rider Waite deck for my main usage.

One last tip for beginners. Don't rely too much on learning the full meaning of every card. Get the basics and trust your own instincts. I found Tarot: an Illustrated Guideand Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformationvery helpful.

So, although I have found Tarot decks that look beautiful and rich, I find the Universal Rider Waite more insightful and full of hidden meaning. The cards themselves are more sturdy also. Finally, the box I received has a different package design to the one illustrated on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Better, Great, 18 Oct 2011
Having read reviews, I came across one that claimed this product should be advoided because of the poor quality box; and having purchased this product i have to agree, the box was poor quality and is literally disintegrating HOWEVER the cards themselves i have found to be of good quality and have taken quite a beating and yet remain in appearance unscathed. In summary the cards themselves are good quality, the colours are vibrant, and the card coating does its job. The box however if not cared for vigilantly will fall apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cards, 28 Aug 2009
RA (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'd picked these cards over the other alternatives because they appeared brighter & clearer than the others. I have not been disappointed as the pictures are clear & easy to interpret. Also, the cards are large enough to shuffle easily without being too large (& I have fairly small hands).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all rounder, 6 Dec 2007
I have always loved the Rider Waite deck but the colours seemed to lack realism however the Universal Waite deck has been re-coloured and this adds more depth and realism to the images. The pictures seem clearer aswell with more detail - a great deck for beginners and more experienced readers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very tiny, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Universal Waite Pocket Tarot Cards (Cards)
I hav every small hands which is why I like small cards. These cards come in a pack the size of a regular cigarette packet but the cards inside are much smaller than the pack.
Someone with big hands would probably struggle.
The detail on these cards however is fantastic and they are very easy to read despite the size.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Rider-Waite Edition, 3 July 1999
By A Customer
A superb rendition of a classic deck. Don't even consider purchasing another version.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading reviews, 31 Mar 2014
David Howells "david" (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
I bought these rather than an original pack because of the glowing reviews and wasted my money. The colours are weak, washed-out looking and far too big to handle easily. These cards are plain looking and impractical.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SET, 18 Mar 2014
Mr. D. V. Burrage (norfolk,england) - See all my reviews
was looking for a simple set of tarot cards, These cards are colourful, bright and an easy way to learn tarot.
Come well presented and are a joy to use , great value too as these types of cards can vary in price but these were a great price and worth every penny Definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and well made, 9 Jan 2014
I can across these cards as I was looking at The Original Rider Waite Tarot Deck as an option for cards. However after looking at the reviews I saw that people were recommending the above product as the production quality is better and then art has been recoloured so as to give the cards new life. I must admit that the artist in question has done an amazing job, still retaining the vintage feel of the cards, without them being too bold and brassy.

There is no real guidebook that comes with the cards which is unfortunate. However I purchased Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation as the reviews are excellent and I am considering buying The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot as this looks handy.

Overall I really recommend this product. I am a semi newbie to Tarot as I have been using Medicine Woman Tarot Deck, which are lovely but I felt I wanted to dabble in more traditional Tarot. I hope you enjoy this product as much as I do.

Universal Waite Pocket Tarot Cards
Universal Waite Pocket Tarot Cards by Mary Hanson-Roberts (Cards - 1 Feb 2004)
11.67