5.0 out of 5 stars Living up to all expectations
It's arrived ! I first discovered this deck on Kat Black's website last summer.It was due to come out in October, then November, then no-one seemed to know when it would be out.I can only say now that good things come to those that wait.I received mine in the post yesterday.It's a joy to pour over the cards.Black is an artist who is steeped in Renaissance art, especially...
Published on 19 Mar 2004 by ILONACAT

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Artwork- Oversized deck! - Not Captivating!
This deck is oversized in my opinnion compared to other decks and does not captivate the emotions or unlock keys to the subconcious like other decks i have dealt with. I don't like it at all. I disgarded it the day i bought it and it hasn't been out of the box since. This is the only deck i've taken such a strong disinterest in.

I hear some people love it and...
Published on 12 Aug 2009 by J Rose

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Medieval Art, 15 Jan 2008
lsur (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golden Tarot (Cards)
If you like Renaissance and Medieval paintings by Cranach, Duerer, Botticelli and so on, you will like this pack. It takes images from those paintings and collages them into the well-known Tarot images. The result is a striking series of landscapes and characters, complete with plants and animals, rocks and castles, enacting the Tarot's storyline.

The pack follows the Rider-Waite-Colman deck with images on the suit cards as well as the Major Arcana. They are of the normal size, somewhat bigger than playing cards. The edges are guilded with gold making them visually striking and pleasant to use. They come in a sturdy cardboard box and with a nice booklet giving both the meanings (or this particular author's version) and references should you want to check out the original paintings from which the elements are drawn.

I personally have doubts about a couple of the designs. The substitution of a nun for the angel on card 14, Temperance, is a bit ugly in my view. Likewise, card 13, Death, has a more original design of a young woman on her deathbed - a touching image but a missed opportunity given the rich and scary Medieval reperesentation of the grim reaper. On her website, the author explains this by saying she precisely didn't want anyone to be too scared, a consideration she seems to have forgotten in the hellfire and brimstone image of the Devil!

This pack would appeal to anyone who likes to contemplate Medieval art as well as magicians and fortune-tellers. Clearly, it's a matter of taste given the plethora of designs but you won't go wrong with these if the Middle Ages is your preference!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Artwork- Oversized deck! - Not Captivating!, 12 Aug 2009
This review is from: Golden Tarot (Cards)

I hear some people love it and i'm sure it works great for them. If you like the mythic tarot size, this is for you. If not, perhaps you would prefer the gilded, quest tarot or something smaller and more friendly to handle. I love the mystic faerie tarot, animals divine and i've just ordered legacy of the divine, which i expect to be spectacular.

Maybe this is for the more logical and less emotional people of the world, because i just can't relate!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay- didn't speak to me!, 3 Aug 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Golden Tarot (Cards)
The art is fine, but the cards are too big for my small hands to hold. I haven't used this deck since i opened it. I don't click with it at all. It doesn't touch my heart in ways other decks do, like the mystic faerie tarot or the quest tarot or animals of the divine tarot. I made a mistake buying this deck, but you may or may not like it. I think it's personal preference.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›