4.0 out of 5 stars Great deck
Published on 6 July 2007 by Lilly Penhaligon

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cards but.....
Finally got my Radiant Rider Waite deck today from an Amazon seller, as someone who has worked with the Wider Waite Smith deck for many years, I saw pictures of this deck on line and felt immediately drawn to the vibrant colours of the deck giving more detail and depth to the deck. Only draw back is the cards are laminated which means they stick together when shuffling...
Published 6 months ago by The Old Girl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deck, 6 July 2007
Lilly Penhaligon (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
For the first time I've actually been able to see the finer details!!! I love the Original Riders and it is the pack that I use the most for my personal readings. However, there are certain cards which are SO dark that you literally cannot see what is going on - for example King of Pentacles, you would never know it was bull's head carved on his throne or that his cloak is covered in grapes. The Death card is also so dark you can't see the people lying on the floor etc.

The Radiant puts an end to all this. At last the drawings seem to have the veil lifted from them and you can see teh finer details, which are integral to understanding the cards clearly. The colours used are vibrant and the lines of the drawings are very clear.

The only drawback with these cards is that the drawings are not the original ones done by Pamela Coleman Smith. They are heavily based and almost identical to them but they are not quite the same. Now. This does lead to a couple of changes in the cards, for example the purple curtain behind the High Priestess is fully covering the scene behind the throne. In the Original cards, a corner of the curtain is raised showing us a glimpse of a river/pool of water behind her. This is crucial to the card's meaning and yet is lost in the Radiant version. In the World card, the dancer is pictured with 2 white wands in her hands but in teh traditional cards there's one black wand - another crucial detail.
I really wished they had applied these colours to the Originals and left the drawings in their original form.

These cards are excellent for studying the tarot because the colours, another integral part of the meanings, can be seen clearly. The drawings are neater and I imagine those who can only study/use decks taht are aesthetically pleasing will be overjoyed with these.

I don't think, personally for me, these will ever replace my beloved Originals but overall, if you are looking for a starter deck or want an upgrade to your Originals (perhaps for a client reading these would be more appealing) or you need a clear deck to study, I would truly recommend the Radiant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully vibrant, 3 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
Gorgous and delightful set of tarot cards based on the original Rider Waite (Pamela Coleman Smith) set yet colours much more vibrant and having an awesome affect on the mind. My only criticism would be the quality of the card which to me is very fine compared to original cards. Still, would highly recommend especially as a first deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 Mar 2012
Nuno Silva - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
I bought this Tarot deck some years ago, because i wanted to learn more about Tarot reading.
But i have a problem, i can only buy things that appeal to me, and the vast majority of Tarot decks didnt appeal to me at all...i find them somewhat ugly :).
Then i searched and searched and i found this deck. For me its one of the best because the Rider-Waite deck is one of the most well known decks, because its "very easy" to learn with it in the internet since most of the learning tutorials are made for this deck, and if you want to learn from a real teacher normally this is the deck they teach with.
But this isnt the best part :) the best part are the amazing colors of the deck, really really beautiful, really bright, really colorful, amazing energy coming from the cards!
I have to tell you that i dont read Tarot anymore, but sometimes i open the cards just to look at them because they are so beautiful...its a pleasure just looking at them and using them in a reading also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
I've spent years of my life studying tarot, but never felt really connected to it. I have always used a Marseille deck and a Oswald Wirth deck. The day I discovered Radiant Rider-Waite was the day my relationship with tarot changed. The images in the cards make it so much easier for me to understand the meanings of my spreads. They make me quickly see some first and more superficial meanings, but I found out that they also help me use my intuition. I love the colors used. I also love the blue sky with bright stars on the back of the deck. The deck does have a little smell, but I like it, to be honest! I have never played with the other Rider-Waite decks, Radiant is my first one of this kind, but I am absolutely in love with it. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually Rather Nice, 10 Feb 2004
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
A previous reviewer criticised the artwork of this deck, but I couldn't disagree more. You need only look at the original Rider Waite to see the difference. The colours are vibrant and beautiful, whilst retaining the potent symbolism of their much loved but drab parent deck.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Revamp, 5 Jun 2012
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
I am a tarot reader and have been for many years. As with a lot of readers I started with the Ryder Waite tarot. This product is a recoloured version and the written explanations are also slightly amended. It is colourful and energetic, much better than the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Tarot Deck, 4 July 2010
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
I am so glad I decided on this Tarot deck for my beginner deck. The Radiant Rider deck has beautiful illustrations that have lots of symbolism, imagery and colour for any beginner to easily get to grips with. I've had this deck a couple of months now and each time I look the individual cards, I see something new in them. The quality of the deck is excellent and they have a beautiful sheen on them that makes them easy to shuffle and handle.
I would definitely recommend this deck for any beginner into Tarot or even those who are further advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great update on the best tarot cards!, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
I have used the rider waite for many years (over 10) and my cards became very tired looking, saw these on a different site and bought them here cheaper. They are genuinly stunning, Lovely cards and so very vivid. Gives a brand new slant on the great tarot

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
Lovely pictures, lovely cards, useful for work or learning. there isn't much else you can say but as Amazon reviews have to have a certain amount of words and wont let you stop before that I had to write something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 28 April 2011
This review is from: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
Delighted with the product. I'm glad I got these ones instead of the original deck because after seeing them in the shop they looked so dull compared to these. The colours are fantastic and it helps a lot more now with my readings as I am able to pick up on the mood of the cards from first glance. I recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck by Pamela Smith (Cards - 1 Jan 2005)