5.0 out of 5 stars Fun cards that really can be read, 24 Sep 2004
This review is from: Power of the Runes Deck (Paperback)
As a tarot reader of many many years I am always drawn to cards and when I saw these I simply had to have them - they made me laugh. The art work is unlike any other cards I have seen and at first I regarded them as a curiosity. However, I have used runes for a long time too and began to give the cards a chance to prove themselves which they did with great success. Each picture is designed to show the meaning of the rune and they are very successful. However, there are some oddities. A bright green naked lady breastfeeding a baby for one! In the ornate borders there are medallions that show the rune itself, the sound associated with it and it's number. The name of the rune is written in runes at the top. The booklet that comes with them is pretty minimal but covers the basics and the artist includes a 25th rune,Yr, which you can use or leave out. They wouldn't do for someone with inflexible ideas about the runes or who is fussy about the art work - men with big hair, massive shoulders and calves and tiny waists. They are a hoot, I love them and they really are readable! Well done Voenix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 2 Feb 2010
Martin Eddy "Spartin" (Nottingham, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Power of the Runes Deck (Paperback)
I've had these cards for a few years now and they're the only deck I use. The Illustrations are very good depicting the Runes meaning excellently. The Yr Card is included for those who like to include it and they come with a small book with a basic over view of each rune. I would recomend these for beginners and experienced readers, the pictures will make anyone smile and the uniqueness will make you love them!

Power of the Runes Deck
Power of the Runes Deck by Voenix (Paperback - 26 Mar 2014)
17.99