5.0 out of 5 stars Another keeper!
Published on 12 May 2008 by MayGoodComeToUs

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good, plenty bad
I read this book rapidly and enthusiastically the first time, and on my second reading decided to take notes as I went. It was not until I did this until I realised how much waffle and downright rubbish there is in this book.

There are a number of very good parts to this book that I have adopted. For instance, the whole concept of goal setting; write out your...
Published on 9 April 2008 by J. Penton

5.0 out of 5 stars Another keeper!, 12 May 2008
MayGoodComeToUs (Rome, Lazio, ITALY) - See all my reviews
I am on my 3rd reading of the book. I agree that we SHOULD all know how to set goals but I doubt we really do or at least know how to do it well anyway. Mr. Tracy gives you not only the whys and wherefores of goal-setting but, more importantly, the HOW. He breaks it down into steps. I reccomend reading the book straight through once or twice, then dedicating three days or so to each chapter. That is, reading through the chapter, taking notes if that is how best you learn, doing the "excercises" on the "checklist" at the end of the chapter, then putting it aside for a day or so to "digest". I agree that Mr.Tracy is short on research here, but there are other, more "scholarly" books out there that can fill the gap. The bibliography is extensive and should keep you reading for a long time should you wish to delve more deeply.

5.0 out of 5 stars ..........and Finally, 3 Oct. 2007
Terry Tozer "TJSKA.com" (Reading & Bracknell, UK) - See all my reviews
....at last I really do think I've found the book I've been looking for & if you're reading this & thinking will "this one" help "me" achieve my aims at getting my life on the move to becoming successful - then I say unequivocally - YES!!, this is the one for you.

I've read hundreds of so-called self-help books both modern & old and Brian Tracy's "Goals" sums up ALL of the books I've ever read on the subject. It's like a hundred books all in one covering everything from Motivation, Confidence, Time Management, Self Belief & Worth & oh yes & how to set realistic & achievable Goals!

The beauty with all of these requisites for success is that we all have these qualities to one degree or another & Brian inspires us by telling us that any one of these attributes is "learnable". So no matter where you find yourself today on what "may appear" to be a long road, you can start straight away.

This ought to be the very last book you buy on the subject, but before you read (& more importantly re-read) it, make sure you have a fresh note-book (preferably A4) & scribe to hand. The book is jam packed with all the essential information to kick you off in the right direction the minute you start reading. If you feel you really must do some more research then there is an extensive bibliography at the back.

The book ends with a summery of the 21 successful tips in setting & achieving these goals. Also there is a summery to be found at the end of each chapter for easy future reference.

Written in a modern, clear, interesting, easy readable style & language. It's broken down into easily digestible chunks in such a way that makes you want to read a little bit more. You never stop learning & it's never too late to start [something new].

Don't be put off or judge the book by the BOLD but plain looking & unattractive cover. It's Brian's message that counts & he very cleverly uses famous quotes from the Greats of the past.

If you enjoy Brian Tracy's style, you will also enjoy his other book which compliments "Goals!" very well: Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills That Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommended goal guide, 17 April 2004
BOLA OWOADE (LEYTON, LONDON United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you are serious about setting and achieveing your goals then this book is a must read for you. I read this book at the beginning of 2004 and if not for anything else it has motivated me to consistently set daily goals. Brian Tracy delivers this book in his characteristic simple, clear and easy to understand style which makes reading very enjoyable. It breaks down the rocket science of setting goals into something readily achieveable. I would also recommend this book as a personal development resource for companies to give their employees.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivational, 2 Oct. 2009
Mrs. M. C. Gilbert (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book to improve my goal setting, reviewing etc. as per my nutritional therapy degree PDP requirements. It is easy to read - I read it in 5 days just while walking my dog. Although most of it is obvious and we all know it, or think we do, it is very motivational. The repetition,I believe, is essential to drive home the facts. After all, that is the way we all learn, but even so, it could have been vastly condensed in length while still getting the message across. There are good chapters on values, beliefs, measuring progress, planning, time management, reviewing, visualizing, flexibility and persistence, although I was surprised not to see S.M.A.R.T actually written. Brian Tracy's book 'Maximum Achievement' covers much more, although it is not just about goals, and is a book I have read twice already. 'Goals' adds to the chapter on goals in 'Maximum Achievement' but, for me, the two books are incomparable regarding content. If you only buy one, buy 'Maximum Achievement'.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just Goals, 7 May 2009
This is not just a book on goal setting. It is a book which can help you to neutralise your limiting beliefs and start a way of thinking and planning that becomes a new way of life. The book is logical, easy to read and easy to follow. Its concepts stimulate thought, and it achieves its goal setting objectives by showing how you can find, set, monitor and execute your definite najor purpose in life, if you are serious about self improvement. I have read many self improvement and goal setting books, but this is the one that expands the subject matter into a far reaching sphere impacting on one's way of life. Excellent material brilliantly put together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful!, 3 Jun. 2004
Rolf Dobelli "getAbstract" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The author grins, distinguished, gray-haired, gray-suited, from the dust jacket of this book, looking like everything a hokey, hustling confidence man should be. The book's subtitle, promising "everything you want," seems designed to provoke skepticism. But, hey, it's the new age: give this the benefit of the doubt - the confidence at stake here is yours. The core recommendation is simple and undeniably effective: define your goals, write them down, make a plan to achieve them and work on the plan every day. How could you fail if you really did this? Whether you would achieve "everything you want" is another matter, but you can't fault the method. Putting it to work is the hard part. To preview the gist of the book or review the meat of it, we recommend the convenient bullet charts that concisely repeat: take charge of your life, set goals, plan, implement and progress. If the message is repeated often enough, you might even write something down and just do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Self Help Book of the Year, 28 Oct. 2009
If you have ever wanted to change the direction of your life, this is the book to get you on the right and positive track.

This book has helped me in all aspects of my life and it has helped me to truly believe in myself and what I can do, glad I purchased this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it seven times!, 13 Aug. 2005
I've read about fifty self-help books and this is the best.

Brian Tracy can say in one page what other authors (notably anthony robbins) will spend a whole chapter on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic!, 23 Sept. 2010
This book is brilliant! It has taught and motivated me to visualise and attain my goals. I found the section on work prioritisation priceless. Thank you Brian Tracy!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GOAL SETTING PROGRAM!!!, 29 Nov. 2013
Mr. R. Malhotra "RajEntrepreneur" (London,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want-Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible (Audio CD)
FANTASTIC,SUPERB,AMAZING THE BEST AUDIO CD ON GOAL-SETTING THERE IS BAR NONE!!! 5 STARS BRIAN TRACY HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!! IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE CD!!! JUST BUY IT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! LISTEN TO THIS PROGRAM EVERYDAY IF YOU CAN AND FOLLOW THE TRAINING AND INSTRUCTIONS THAT BRIAN GIVES TO YOU!!! AND WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS AND LITERALLY CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want-Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible