Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 November 2011
This manual tells you more than only how breastfeeding works: it explains that for it to succeed you need to make it a lifestyle, and just follow nature! I also have the huge breastfeeding bible "the motherly art of breastfeeding" from La Leche League (excellent book, btw), but for a new mother, that one might look overwhelming, given its size. This one is the best compromise between essential information and amount of reading (crucial for a busy mom). It gives answers to most common issues and explains how you can be sure to succeed in breastfeeding your child, even beyond a year if you desire.
I loved the way it was structured and the streightforward style. Very accessible. A must if you are planning to breastfeed or already are doing so!
on 27 February 2014
After stopping breastfeeding with my first son after thinking that I wasnt making enough milk for him I really wanted to breastfeed my second son. I read this book when pregnant and have referred to it many times since my son was born. It has been a really useful guide and also explains that biology of breastfeeding and reassures you that by remembering the 7 'rules' it is impossible to fail to be able to breastfeed. My son is now 4 months old and is exclusively breastfeed and I would say that reading this book was one of the main turning points for me. Would definitely recommend.
on 23 August 2011
There is excellent quality and detail of advice in this book. There are principles and unusual problems explained and addressed in this book that I've not heard or seen in other resources. I am frequently returning to refer to this book, which is a testament to the value of the information, but it does make the lack of an index a real issue.
on 26 September 2012
This book is a 'must have' especially for first time mothers who are a little anxious about breast feeding and want it to go well.
It is easy to read, covers topics clearly gives great tips. I've been through it and underlined important bits so I can refer to them later. Although its American it makes no difference! A really good buy!
on 9 October 2012
I bought this book during pregnancy and read it cover to cover before my daughter was born. Excellent read and a constant reference since I have begun breastfeeding.
on 10 August 2014
Another great book packed with fabulous information which is easy to read and understand. Brilliant author
on 11 April 2011
A friend bought this book for me when my son was a couple of weeks old. I am SO thankful - a practical, easy read, brilliant book about breastfeeding. Covering all areas - with easy reference for things like expressing milk and difficulties that can occur as well as the basic "laws".

I have now got myself a copy so I can lend it to pregnant friends. I wish I had read this when I was expecting - it is all too easy to focus on the birth and not on the more vital things - like feeding - for once baby arrives. 10/10 Can't sing it's praises enough!
on 23 September 2012
V. Helpful book, which I originally borrowed from my local breastfeeding support group. Does what it says: sets out 7 tenets of feeding and explains them in a straightforward way. Just the right level of detail, explaining how to meet your feeding goals, deal with problems, etc with some references to back it up. It is a reassuring read (I was getting miserable and panicky and this set my mind at ease) & I wish I'd seen this before my baby was born as it would have made the first 3 months much easier.